Nakamachi Unit

craigamuir

I tried to upgrade from the Pioneer to the Nakamich stereo in my 2000LS. The dealer said that Nakamichi went broke last year in April and that nobody picked up their stock. The dealer said he rides eBay looking for parts just to service existing customers with things like blown speakers.

Anybody know a source for the Nakamichi units?

I tried to upgrade from the Pioneer to the Nakamich stereo in my 2000LS. The dealer said that Nakamichi went broke last year in April and that nobody picked up their stock. The dealer said he rides eBay looking for parts just to service existing customers with things like blown speakers.

Anybody know a source for the Nakamichi units?

Am I understanding you right, You want to upgrade your current pioneer system to a nak system? Or are you looking for parts?

What is the dealers name?

The dealer is Pohanka in Chantilly, VA. They recommended upgrading to the LS430 with a Mark Levinson. Of course, the Levinson unit doesn't fit into an LS400.

The mark levinson would fit but you have to switch everything including the speakers. Nakamichi is analog and you have a digital pioneer. So it is possible to upgrade to ML.