Sc400 Performance Question

Moony400

I got a 94 SC400 with 106K. Did the BFI which make the car sounds great on open throttle. But I don't feel the kick that I would expect. Never really did feel it either before the BFI. I read in an article some where that tells you how to train your computer to your driving style. Reset CPU, while the car temp is at normal driving, floor the gas pedal to let the CPU know that this your driving style, ect.

Here's what I'm experiencing with my car. At a stop still, floor the gas pedal, RPM races to about 5k, then the car picks up and go. Seems like there is a little delay. You would think a V8 with 250 horse would at leat make some screaching sound from the tire.

Also has anybody use the PWR/ECT/NORM button next to the hand brake? Does that give you any extra kick. When I turn my to PWR, it feels the same when I accellerate.

I've check the throttle body and there aren't any build up or anything like that, new OEM plugs about 5K ago. Always use premium gas.

Just want some input on what you guys experiences are with regards to power handle and accelleration on your sc400.

Thanks,

MoonySC400

If you experience some lag that is normal. Our car is pretty heavy and if you have an auto then its hard to get your wheels to chirp. Our tranny power delivery is really smotth. You really can't expect it to perform like other sports car. Unless you have force induction or a 5sp SC300.

Its pretty hard to make the Tire screeching. You can try to turn off the trac control Hold the Brake as hard and you can and rev up to about 2500 RPM if you can before letting go of the brake then you might be able to hear something. I'm NOT SURE OF THIS.

PWR ECT is Electronic Control Tranmission. When its on it will make your car Rev alittle higher and longer. Plus it downshift faster, so you can move faster. You should feel it kick alittle more when you turn on PWR ECT and turn OD off.

Yes - the brake torque thing work's really well on this car.

Follow these instructions:

1. Put the transmission in 1st gear.

2. Press lightly on the brake and start giving gradually more gas.

3. Continue giving gas until you feel the car starting to creep - then apply more braking gently.

4. Continue doing this until you've got the gas near the floor.

By the time you're most of the way down you will have heard the wheels starting to spin - and you need to keep doing it for about 3- 5 seconds and then keep the gas pedal floored and let of the brakes so all the engine power goes straight to the rear wheels and hold on for good fishtale or two!!

I'm in the process of burning of an old pair of tires so I can put on new winter tires and I've done this a few times lately - its fun - and stupid but I keep on doing it.

Go nuts.

Got any links to forced induction and how much it will cost?  Has anybody had this done to their car?

Go to lextreme.com and do some searching. But I can tell you that you will need to have a fat pocket ready because force inducting SC400 is not cheap.