93 Sc400

Bandit

I installed an in-cabin air filter last year. The last few months I have not been driving the SC400 and have been keeping it in the garage.

I've driven it twice in the past week and there is a strong mildew/stale smell coming from the ac vents.

Does the in-cabin filter cause this when it gets old?

Does my indash duct work need cleaning?

Has anyone had this problem, if so, how did you eliminate it.

Thanks,

:cheers:

Of all the forums I visit, these one seems to take the longest to get a reply. No one has a limited use SC400 that has experienced this problem?

I never had this problem before the in-cabin air filter, but I was driving it regularly.

It only started after storing it in the garage and driving only once or twice every two weeks.

Thanks for any help!

yea after a while the condenser(?) in the dash collects dust and well if you have ever taken one out you will know but its preatty gross and black, but yea that will collect the moisture and that will cause your mildewey smell. the remedy would be to change the condenser(?) (the thing in your dash) and or the filter, i would try to change your filter first becasue that is alot cheaper.