Es300 Won't Start

Well, i had sludge in my 98 es300 and i cleaned the heads and oil pan and and everything that was gunked up with gelled oil. after new gaskets and reassembly i replaced the main relay/fuse and tried to get some kind of feed back by turning the key on. I got nothing, is there a main fuse other than the one under the hood or did i fry the computer and it so, how do i check it to see if it is really fried or what, can some one tell me what gives? :cries: :censored::angry:

You do know lexus replaces the engine for free ,right?

I changed my oil myself and even though i keep records it isn't from the dealer or from an oil change place. I could just kick myself in the :chairshot: for not keeping better reciepts on my car. I think my wife changed it about two or three times as i was gone to iraq last year though. It was pretty bad, it was 90% blockage and when i took the oil filter off there was maybe about a half of a cup in it. It felt like a heavy glue too.

I changed my oil myself and even though i keep records it isn't from the dealer or from an oil change place. I could just kick myself in the :chairshot: for not keeping better reciepts on my car. I think my wife changed it about two or three times as i was gone to iraq last year though. It was pretty bad, it was 90% blockage and when i took the oil filter off there was maybe about a half of a cup in it. It felt like a heavy glue too.

paragraph #3.

http://home.comcast.net/%7E94gsxr1100/lexus/oil/Sludge1.pdf

paragraph #3.

http://home.comcast.net/%7E94gsxr1100/lexus/oil/Sludge1.pdf

Thanks for the info will they really replace the engine? I think that it is worth a try and will see if they will, if not well it is a good enough car that another engine and it's back to being a very good dependable car, i just love this car! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i am back to report that after cleaning the oil pans, cleaning the heads and putting everything back as it was, and hoping that it would start, i have no electrical power. :angry: I think that it is some sort of relay or electrical fuse or inline fuse that is preventing it from getting any juice to the ecu or anything electrical. I think that i will take it to jp imports as i have relocated to the d/fw area and am closer to them. It doesn't look good for the home team though. Any suggestions on the electrical problems as to why it won't start. Any imput would be appreciated. :cries:

Ya Jason is the man.

i have no electrical power.

Did you let the car sit a month? Then battery went dead.

Batter cables on?

Take terminals off & check for corrosion

Check main fueses & relay for power if & when battery is tested positive.

Ya Jason is the man.
i have no electrical power.

Did you let the car sit a month? Then battery went dead.

Batter cables on?

Take terminals off & check for corrosion

Check main fueses & relay for power if & when battery is tested positive.

checked the main fuse and replaced it and replaced the battery, all i heard was the ding ding of the key in the ignition sound and saw the air bag indicator come on and go off, thanks for the suggestions, do you have any more that i could try to see what the problem is? :cries:

You are positive the battery is OK?

40amp AM1

40amp MAIN No.1

30amp AM2

Starter Relay

10amp Starter

Gotta have that to turn the starter over.

I will get a new battery, but i think that jp imporrtz may be my best bet. I am so tired of messing with this car.

JPI is your best bet. Trust me. he did well over $4,000 worth fo work to my old ES250.

• 1 year later...

Well, latest up date, it was the engine, had it replaced and got it running, now i have a minor electrical problem, my sunroof, and all the windows and my third brake light won't work, everything is working just fine, s there a way to get the electrical system tested and working without having to pay Lexus an arm and a leg to look at it? Any suggestions would certainly be most welcome guys, thanks

Well, latest up date, it was the engine, had it replaced and got it running, now i have a minor electrical problem, my sunroof, and all the windows and my third brake light won't work, everything is working just fine, s there a way to get the electrical system tested and working without having to pay Lexus an arm and a leg to look at it? Any suggestions would certainly be most welcome guys, thanks