Thinking Of Buying A 1992 Es300

Hello all, this is my first post..

Ive been looking for cars recently and I came across a 1992 ES300, very very very clean inside and out, 103k miles. cloth, no roof for $4750 USD.

I put a down pmt on it so the seller whouldnt show it anymore..

Anyway, It runs perfect, real smooth...except at slow speeds and when breaking at slow speeds there's a noise coming from what sounds like the rear, a rubbing noise, a "whish a whish a whish" sound ... it not extremely loud I was interested in knowing what it might be, how much$$... I really don't know too much about autos or this lexus, thats why I came here...

should I buy it even with the problem?

Any help/advice very welcomed

Thanks.

Oh, carfax said one owner, and they traded to the dealer they bought it from, where it was then wholesaled, and picked up by indy dealer who im buying it from ...orignal owners were old couple in allentown, PA, they still have all three keys too!! and the lock/unlock work fine...my assumption is that it was babied/and didnt have a heavy commute to work...

Needs pads & rotors. No big deal.

With the dealer installed option cloth seats & no moonroof, I wouldn't pay near 5 for it. (That's just me) That's missing out 1/2 the fun of a lexus.

What people says doesn't mean *BLEEP*. You'd never be able to know if the car was babied or not. They're tanks, everything is going to work fine if they drove it off a cliff.

Get the repair history of the car from Lexus / Toyota.

Thanks a bunch, hopefully i can get him to subtract the pad/rotor price from the sale price...If that is the problem...I'm not a fan of leather at all, but no roof is a little disappointing..Ive just had very little luck finding an es300 around or below 100k mi, under $5k

Anybody else's opinion?

Thanks again.

Um, don't push the brake stuff too much. I'm mean really you're talking like $15-30 to machine rotors & 20-$50 for pads.

You'd like Lexus leather. The leather they used in 92, including 13 years of wear is better than what is in the most expencive chrystler, caddy, or L-daddy today. (That says alot, considering it got even better over the years!) Don't fear the leather LoL! It's all that, and lots stronger than most leather too.