Remote Start Question

Lexus311

I'm curious if anyone has the remote start installed in their Lexus?

I have an 05 RX330 and found that 2 Lexus dealerships will install it, but the Lexus dealership that I bought my vehicle from doesn't recommend it at all due to possible electrical issues. My mechanic does not recommend it either... same reason.

I would love to have the remote start installed, but I don't think it's worth it if there is a good chance that I will end up having major issues later on.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I had a remote starter & alarm installed in my 97 LX a year ago so far with no issues.

The work was done at a local car stereo store the type that sells & install alarms stereos, navigation systems & DVD players.

I have remote start my LX from as far away as 100 yards

Total cost of around $320

A good installer can install them no problem.

If they don't sell clifford or viper keep looking.

Do not go to any electronics super store for install work.

Thank you... I was going to have the Lexus dealership install it since I too was leery about having someone other than Lexus mess around with any type of wiring. :)

I'm assuming that Clifford and Viper are the best... I'll check around and ask Lexus which they use. I hate the fact that I will need an additional remote, but I think it might be my only option.

Thank you!

By getting a alarm installed at lexus you are going to be paying 2x what it is worth and Lexus is not installing it but haveing a contractor come to the dealership and install it there. but you will have the "lexus " warr for problems.

By getting a alarm installed at lexus you are going to be paying 2x what it is worth and Lexus is not installing it but haveing a contractor come to the dealership and install it there. but you will have the "lexus " warr for problems.

The price I got from the Lexus dealership here in MA is $220.00. I thought it wasn't a bad price. I did specifically ask the service manager if they at Lexus will install it or hire someone outside to do it. He said they have someone their that will install it it. Now that I think about it, I'm not %100 sure that this will be a Lexus service tech or someone outside.

I'll have to check if they warranty this for any future problems. I'm sure they do, but you never know. :)

hi,

had one just installed in my 04 rx330 a week ago, so far seems everything is ok. the remote start and alarm 2in 1 they sold to me is compustart made by koren.

I want to get one as well in my 04 330. The question I have is AFTER you have remotely started your car and you come to it and insert your Key does your steering wheel tilt down to the preposition spot that is supposed to be at?? I have been told it wont come down? Let me know