No Power Please Help

banhbo

My battery went dead on the Lexus..May be because I left the dome light on, It was in the garage and I could not put it in neutral to get it out of the garage to give it a jump from another car, so I took the battery out and recharge it.

After putting the battery back, my car tried to start but the battery went out again. I went to the store the next day and bought a jump start unit and hook it up to the battery. This time there's no indication of power at all..

There's no fuse blown as I can see..Is there any fuse hidden somewhere that I need to look at...

The next step is to tow my car to the dealer..which I really dont want to do

:(

Any input would be appreciated..

This sounds odd.

In order to get the car into neutral there is usually a little hole (or button covering the hole) you insert your key and it will release the lock on the shifter when the battery is dead.

I am also confused in what you are saying.

What does "went out again" mean?

try and be alittle moe descriptive.

How old is the battery? I would maybe grab another battery out of another one of your cars or a friends---if you have a 2nd car! If not grab yourself a new battery and try iy out. Much cheaper than a trip to the dealer.

Should be a Simple fix! But there is a small slot or buton on the side of the shifter that you insert a key or screwdriver to release the shifter--Im sure all automatics have them--then try and jump start it

I have 92 lex its seems its lost its Mojo, By Mojo I mean it dosent have as much power as it use too. I changed the oil enging and tranny on a regular basis.

Im approaching 70k miles. Is it time for a a tune up ??? Owners manual dosent say anything but it feels like im driving a 4 banger now :cries:

My battery went dead on the Lexus..May be because I left the dome light on, It was in the garage and I could not put it in neutral to get it out of the garage to give it a jump from another car, so I took the battery out and recharge it. 

After putting the  battery back, my car tried to start but the battery went out again. I went to the store the next day and bought a jump start unit and hook it up to the battery.  This time there's no indication of power at all..

There's no fuse blown as I can see..Is there any fuse hidden somewhere that I need to look at...

Get a new battery. Only $40 at Costco. A lot cheaper than a tow and almost guaranteed to fix your problem.

by the way the shift lock button is under the little black square about one inch above the P in park indicator in the shifter. You take a very small screw driver and insert in the plug square and pry up and then push the button down under the square to put the car in Park, nuetral etc. Yes go to costco and get a new battery and make sure that the leads are clean of corrosion. Hopefully this will fix your problem.

How old is the battery?  I would maybe grab another battery out of another one of your cars or a friends---if you have a 2nd car!  If not grab yourself a new battery and try iy out.  Much cheaper than a trip to the dealer.

Should be a Simple fix!  But there is a small slot or buton on the side of the shifter that you insert a key or screwdriver to release the shifter--Im sure all automatics have them--then try and jump start it

I think the fuse has blown somewhere because I bought a charger with an internal battery, after I clamp it on the dead battery, The power is not on so I think something more serious. I didnot know about the small slot. I bought the battery jumper and it may have blown some thing..

Thank you for your help

After putting the  battery back, my car tried to start but the battery went out again. I went to the store the next day and bought a jump start unit and hook it up to the battery.  This time there's no indication of power at all..

Get a new battery. Only $40 at Costco. A lot cheaper than a tow and almost guaranteed to fix your problem.

I think it's more serious than just a battery, because I bought the power jumper with an internal battery and there's no power when I turn on the key.

You need to take the old battery out, It may be shorted. Put a new battery in and try troubleshooting from that point. I once had a battery so shorted that it loaded down a jump and would not start.

You guys absolutely right!! I put in the new battery and the car starts rightaway. The jumpstarter throw me off..I thought since the jumpstarter has an internal battery, it would be just like hooking up a new battery to it.. apparently it's not...what good is the jump starter then??? I will return it.

Thankyou everyone

You guys absolutely right!! I put in the new battery and the car starts rightaway.  The jumpstarter throw me off..I thought since the jumpstarter has an internal battery, it would be just like hooking up a new battery to it.. apparently it's not...what good is the jump starter then???  I will return it.

Thankyou everyone

The jump starter is most likely fine. It's designed to jump start a car when the battery has become discharged, not shorted. Your old battery was loading everything down and was still in place when you hooked up the jump starter. When you installed the new battery, you removed the old one.