'06 Gs, I Have A Complaint About The Windows.

You know how on pretty much ALL luxury cars, when you hold down the unlock button on the remote, all the windows come down and the sunroof opens. and when you hold down the lock button, all the windows come up? Why the hellllllll does my GS not do this?

Everything opens when you hold unlock, but to close everything up again, you have remove the metal key from the remote, insert it into the door, turn it and hold. This is stupid! Isn't the whole point of this feature so that when u forget to roll up ur windows and you walk away from ur car, you just hold down lock and they all come up so u dont have to come back? ive pondered and pondered but i cant see a logical reason for this.

In the previous generation GS, they romote operated the same way. As a matter of fact, if you held the lock button on the remote, the alarm would sound. The best explaination I could come up with is that Lexus felt if would be a safety issue to be able to close the windows with the remote. If you turn away, you would not be able to see if someone's finger was in the path of a window. Of course, this is irrelavant because all the windows and sunroof incorporate pinch protection in the closing direction. Perhaps in the Japanese mind, safety is indeed first priority.

Try figuring out why only in 06 they added a trunk button actually on the trunk.Be glad they thought of that first it is more annoying.

If you added an alarm it could use a channel to give a constant to the door lock cylinder in the door to duplicate the key in it to lock and close the windows.