The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Gumart1

Well...She's finally here. I got the car last Sunday and haven't done much. Washed and clayed and cleaned the carpets. I am just in awe. Amazing that a car with a quarter million miles can look so good. The Pearl White seems to stand up well over time. Now if I can just make it drive like it looks ;) I have the original window sticker and the owner had every option. Total price before tax: $47,608. The base price of $39,000 was a $4,000 increase in a year. Lexus knew they had a good thing on their hands based on sales in 1990. I will definitely have new posts up very soon with pertinent questions/issues. Thanks everyone who posted with your support!

post-15115-1129850181_thumb.jpg

post-15115-1129850215_thumb.jpg

post-15115-1129850237_thumb.jpg

post-15115-1129850268_thumb.jpg

post-15115-1129850292_thumb.jpg

post-15115-1129850315_thumb.jpg

Hey man I see some problems, so you might want to sell to me for 2k. :)

Also this car is not a beater. If you drive it down the road people think its a 40k car. Its so funny. Idiots who hover in the left lane move when the LS is coming. People let you go first at intersections. Its just a great experience in the LS. Daily people tell me how nice mine is and they all think its a 2002. Its so funny!

Enjoy every second.. What was the demographics of the guy who sold it? Also any word on the issues it has (antifreeze)?

I think I am going to buy my wife a nice 90 something or give her mine and then buy a 98+. Although the truth is I love mine so much I can not give it away even if I were to drive it every day the thought of a woman (dangerous drivers) hurting my tank would kill me.

Man you got a nice deal. I think mine at 95k for 7k was a steal. It feels so great to get a luxury car for a tempo price!

nc211 told me about discounttoyotaparts.com, so check it out for good deals. also, on another of these posts, someone mentioned that arnott industries (i don't have the exact website) makes a rebuilt air shock for 399, plus 15 s/h that they will warranty for a lifetime. that's 1/3rd of retail. good luck...

well if you are going to Part the car out let me know I need a exterior driver door handle  :blushing:

• 1 year later...
Well...She's finally here. I got the car last Sunday and haven't done much. Washed and clayed and cleaned the carpets. I am just in awe. Amazing that a car with a quarter million miles can look so good. The Pearl White seems to stand up well over time. Now if I can just make it drive like it looks ;) I have the original window sticker and the owner had every option. Total price before tax: $47,608. The base price of $39,000 was a $4,000 increase in a year. Lexus knew they had a good thing on their hands based on sales in 1990. I will definitely have new posts up very soon with pertinent questions/issues. Thanks everyone who posted with your support!

Dang. The leather seats look better than mine. Both front seats have a nasty split in the middle of the front cushion. :censored:

I bought my Lexus for $1500 and ended up having to spend about $2k just to get it in decent driving condition. At this point, I'm not sure if I'd be able to get back what I put in it if I sold it. :cries: