Cel/trac Came On, Now Off

gshoops75

Well, I'm new here, but I can already tell this is the place to be! Had my first "hiccup" with me 2000 ES300 (owned for 1 yr) yesterday when the CEL/Trac lights came on. They stayed on after starting and stopping the car a few times too. From browsing other forum topics, I know the standard response to this is to find a place to have the codes read and go from there. However, when I started up this morning, they did not come on.

There was no noticeable difference in the way the car drove while the lights were on and all guages were fine.

Should I get the codes read anyway? If the lights aren't on, will the diagnostic tool even pick-up a code?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the info, I'll get that done ASAP. I also liked the flash tutorial on "posting etiquette"! I need to link that on some other boards that I browse/post on from time to time, everyone needs to hear that! I tried to do my homework before I posted on here about this issue.