70,000 Mile Scheduled Maintenance Price

I recently had my 2000 ES300 checked by the dealer for 70,000 mile scheduled maintenance. The basic pirce was $250 (invoice says 70,000 mile Class B Scheduled Maintenance) and while I'm enjoying the loaner (2005 ES) they called me and said the Idle Air Control Valve is dirty due to carbon build up and it needs to be cleaned and it will cost another $188.

Well, I told them to go ahead and clean whatever it needs to be cleaned. So, the total cost was $436.80

Labor 330.35

Parts 83.33

Misc Chg. 18.24 (I have no idea what this is)

Tax 4.88

Class B Service includes:

Oil and Filter Change

Tire Rotation

Air Conditioner Filter (= Cabin Air Filter) Change

Overall Visual Inspection

Complementary Car Wash (it was raining anyway)

Class B Service 28.15 (they charge for the name of the service??)

Oil and Filter Kit 19.40

Filter & Accessor 35.78 (I guess this is the cabin air filter)

---------------------------------

Total Parts 83.33

Labor 142.35

TSS Shop Supplies 14.24 (Napkins??)

---------------------------------

Total 239.92

Plus Idle Air Control Valve Cleaning: $188.00

So, the total is $436.80

Well, basically, the 70,000 mile service is just an oil change plus the cabin air filter change and I paid $239.92 for it. In conclusion, I had a $200 oil change.

:chairshot:

Ya LoL! Exactly.

Cleaning the IAC takes like 10 min with some carb cleaner, a brush if it's bad.

Never let any car dealer touch your car's paint. Evne if they scratch it while the hoods up. Just tell the service manager to give you $40-50 for it so you can go to an actual detailer, or painter to have it fixed.

Dealers have this nasty habit of letting mechanics iwth dirty towels touch the paint, or 15-18 year olds making $10 an hour clean it. Neither of which - give a freak, or use proper equipment / technique.

It's cool tho. $200 overpay really isn't that much compaired to some things! LoL!

Ya LoL! Exactly.

Cleaning the IAC takes like 10 min with some carb cleaner, a brush if it's bad.

Never let any car dealer touch your car's paint. Evne if they scratch it while the hoods up. Just tell the service manager to give you $40-50 for it so you can go to an actual detailer, or painter to have it fixed.

Dealers have this nasty habit of letting mechanics iwth dirty towels touch the paint, or 15-18 year olds making $10 an hour clean it. Neither of which - give a freak, or use proper equipment / technique.

It's cool tho. $200 overpay really isn't that much compaired to some things! LoL!

I must agree with you. I ONLY take my car in for about 4 things; water pump, timing belt, cam/crank seals and drive belts. Other then that, I will do it; unless it is a huge reowrk. The other stuff is easy.

I must also agree. When my EGR last year went out under warranty, some clown washed the complete car with a sponge that I think had rocks in it; or it looked that way. So 5 hours to clay, buff & polish. So from then on, I teel the service people do not touch the paint on the car. Also I told them to not spray the fake cherry interior smell.

LoL! Yours has the fake cherry too!?

I prefer the smell of Lexol. If the smell wears out, it's time to re-clean the leather!  :D

Yea, I flipped out on the service lady and even called Lexus Corp on it. In the end, I said I spent the money to drive a leather lexus not a $1 bottle of fake cherry smell, over powering to boot! Freaking clowns that do that...... :censored:

I like the Griots garage leather sent. Just like new. Little 4 oz bottle is about 1/8 gone after 3 years!