Longer Wheel Studs

lx_and_ls

I have some aftermarket rims from my previous LS (a 1991) that I want to put on my 1995 LS for the winter. They have brand new Dunlop snow tires. However, it seems that the front caliper become larger sometime between '91 and '95.

I'm planning to machine some 10 mm hub-centric spacers (I have a lathe at home). However, I can't find any longer wheel studs. I need 14.3 mm knurl, 55 to 60 mm thread. Any suggestions where I can buy these (preferably in Canada)?

Thanks.

-----------------

95 LS400

00 LX470

Buy a H&R spacer kit

It comes with new studs and a hubcentric spacer for $150 .

I just installed mine last night to clear my front brake calipers as well.

That's was my backup plan. But if I can find some studs I can save at least $100. $150 is getting close to the price of new steel rims. Did you pay CDN$150? Where did you buy them?

How long are the studs that came with the spacer kit? Reason for asking is that my rims are quite thick and I'm wondering if the studs will be long enough.

The rims may look thick but the flange surface should be about the same thickness for an oem stud.

The newer studs came with my 15mm spacer and fit perfectly.

Where in Canada are you?

Thanks for that info. The OEM rim wheel nuts fit inside the rim (shank type). The other rims I have, have a bevel and use different wheel nuts. Therefor the engagement will be less, even if the studs stick out the same amount.

I live just North of Toronto.

AHH, i know what you are saying now.

All oem toyota nuts have a special type shank for the wheels to mount lug and hub centric for centering.

What you need to do is have a set for your oem ones and a new angled based nut for the new rims. You can get them anywhere.

This is why i keep my stock nuts in my trunk incase i have to use my spare.