1998 Gs400 Value

What is a 1998 GS400 with 43K miles worth? They are all one owner and almost no winter driving. 90% of the miles are all highway miles. All services have been done by a Lexus dealership done at or before the reccommended intervals. Even the rear differential has been flushed since new.

Thanks for any input.

Michael

What is a 1998 GS400 with 43K miles worth?  They are all one owner and almost no winter driving.  90% of the miles are all highway miles.  All services have been done by a Lexus dealership done at or before the reccommended intervals.  Even the rear differential has been flushed since new.

Thanks for any input.

Michael

What do you have???

Base model???

Navigation???

Xeon lights???

Actually my dad is selling his to buy a Jag. I just want an opinion on a price. Is 19K to high? All it needs is new tires soon. It has a small chip in the hood and a very small paint peel on the nose where a power washer peeled back some paint. Other than that it is perfect.

Actually my dad is selling his to buy a Jag.  I just want an opinion on a price.  Is 19K to high?  All it needs is new tires soon.  It has a small chip in the hood and a very small paint peel on the nose where a power washer peeled back some paint.  Other than that it is perfect.

it's worth $13-14k. if it's your dads and it all dealer maintened, buy it. maybe you can get a dad price :whistles:

Well the Lexus Dealer in Des Moines and Omaha virtually never gets in a GS400 on trade. I put myself on a waiting list back in June, they haven't gotten one yet. So demand high for Iowa. I spoke with the sales manager and he saw the car and wanted it for himself.

I just got a copy of the service records. Lexus Service has been done about every 5K. In 2002/25K all fluids were changed.

This car lives in a heated garage and virtually never saw snow. Most of the miles were all highway. Granted they didn't drive slow, I'll bet 80 was the average speed on the highway.

Would have the car in my possession today, but the Jag dealer didn't get the car prepped in time. I hope to have it by next Saturday.

Michael