Cruise Control Doesn't Work

Salacak

check the fuses first. might be a vacum problem as well. start with the fuses.

• 9 months later...

I'm having a similar problem with my 92, the cruise control main light illuminates but will intermittently set. When the system is working it will function normally throughout all cancels and re-sets. When working abnormally, it will not set at any time. The problem occurring or not seems to change if I shut the car down and restart it later. Any ideas? The troubleshooting matrix in the manual is rather complex and long winded.

I'm having a similar problem with my 92, the cruise control main light illuminates but will intermittently set. When the system is working it will function normally throughout all cancels and re-sets. When working abnormally, it will not set at any time. The problem occurring or not seems to change if I shut the car down and restart it later. Any ideas? The troubleshooting matrix in the manual is rather complex and long winded.

You probably have an intermittent brake light bulb in one of the five brake light fixtures. Not at all unusual for a socket to become intermittent, or the solder "dome" on the bulb base to "cold flow" over time and flatten or even become concave, or even an intermittent filament inside the bulb's glass encapulation is not all that unusual.