Help! Changing Front Brakes

ChicagoLexus

I am trying to get the top guide pin out of my drivers side caliper. Everything I try isn't working. Has anyone had this problem or is there anything that could be done to get the caliper out.

I need your help!

I've broken a socket on it, tried to heat it up, hammer and screw driver...

Guide pin? Which pin in that? Is that the one that holds the caliper to the suspension?

I remember both of those bolts being a PITA to get out. Had to use an electric impact wrench from Harbor Freight to bust it loose. That was after applying liquid wrench...

I would not try heating it up as what you want is to make the pin smaller to have it slide out of the hole, not bigger.

I had the same exact problem. Same issues and all. Never did get it to work correctly once it seized up. I ended up just replacing it with a used one. New dealer price the front caliper bracket is about $140 and that was for the left front caliper bracket. Got one used for I think $40.00. Good luck. That pin being seized will cause improper pad wear and will affect the braking performance.

Thank you for the replies. I ended up getting the guide pin out after torching the bracket and vise gripping the bolt beyond recognition. The new guide pin which was $7.00 and the $2.50 boot replacements were a little rough going in at first but I worked the pin around and it seems to be working well.

So for now problem solved.

:rolleyes: