Does My 99 Gs300 Have A Drive-by-wire Throttle?

Does anyone know if the 99 GS300's have a drive-by-wire throttle, or another feature I think is called a "driver sensing algorithm?" If I am correct, the "driver sensing thing" monitors the driver's use of the throttle for a certain period of time and adjusts engine power depending on how the throttle is being used? I suspect that an example could consist of light throttle use in "inner city" driving at low speeds, so the computer adjusts power efficiently for low speed driving?

I would like to know if my 99 GS300 has one, both, or none of these two features... Thanks

i know the ecu does adjust according driver characteristics in all lexus'

but i don't think they have the drive by wire atleast not yet i think only bmw has for their new 7 series and the new 5 to be released

yah it does have that system

but the drive by wire

which has a small cable as a backup mandatory by the euro spec goverment

is basically a sensor driven system not a cable one

does the new vette have one?

i know they have that amazing magnetic suspension

Thanks for the input,

The reason for me asking about the ecu's power adjustment under certain throttle activities is because I was driving around town today running errands, never exceeding 50 mph and at a stop light, i cut off the A/C, put the ETC on PWR Mode and gunned it, though not to the floor. However, I didn't get the pickup I'm used to at all. I've had the 99 GS300 for about 3 weeks and used to drive a 10 yr old Explorer so I'm still having to get used to the sensitive throttle. I wanted to know if the reason for me not getting the pickup I expected off the line this afternoon was becuase the ECU had been monitoring a light throttle most of the day and when it felt me gun it, maybe it hadn't had time to adjust compared to when you gun if from just getting off the interstate...

try and gun it to the floor. if you push untill you get the kick down whick i think it has it accelerates totaly differently. theres a big difference in acceleration and even the sound of the engine when you actually floor it or its almost thereto the floor

as a mandatory back up the euros have specified it

but it will be shared with all markets to have the back up

as they are very strict on saftey

i love to buy a product with the tuv pass on it

it means the product was tested extensivly and it did not fail