What Kind Of Deals To Expect

NewtoLexus

I am dead set on purchasing an ES 330. Can anyone tell may what kind of a deal they have been getting? Also is it cheaper to purchase a 2006 or 2005 now? Thanks

Check the Lexus website........you won't get thousands & thousands of dollars off even on a 2005 model if that answers your question. If the prices are close, I'd personally go with the 2006. B) OR if you can be patient, wait until the spring of 2006, the all new, redesigned should be appearing then. Personally, I feel the all new Avalon trumps the current ES now with the 3.5L V6 as far as power is concerned. Just my 2 cents. Good luck in your search. ;)

:cheers:

You will definately get more money off of a 2005, if you can find one at all, and if you can find one in the colors and options that you want. You can get $4000 off of a 2005 easily.

That's alot more generous than any Ontario Lexus dealer would ever consider offering. :blink:

I am dead set on purchasing an ES 330. Can anyone tell may what kind of a deal they have been getting? Also is it cheaper to purchase a 2006 or 2005 now? Thanks

I'd suggest looking at www.carbargains.com.

You pay $200 and they get you negotiated prices with up to 5 local dealers. The prices they got for me were far better than I was able to negotiate on my own - and saved me about $700 - even after paying the $200 fee. If your a great negotiator and have lots of time, it's probably not worth it, but if you're like me (I'd rather have a tooth drilled than buy a new car), it could be money well spent.

I'd suggest looking at www.carbargains.com.

You pay $200 and they get you negotiated prices with up to 5 local dealers. The prices they got for me were far better than I was able to negotiate on my own - and saved me about $700 - even after paying the $200 fee. If your a great negotiator and have lots of time, it's probably not worth it, but if you're like me (I'd rather have a tooth drilled than buy a new car), it could be money well spent.

Bummer, I LOVE negotiating! :D B)

www.carbargains.com and services like that are cool and real time savers. They have connections with dealerships and can get prices you can't get by the virtue that they're going to do more repeat business with a dealership and a salesperson than you can ever do.

For instance a dealer may be willing to sell an ES for $250 above invoice if he's going to sell 6 more that month to buyers from the same source.

As for there being only $3900 profit in an ES, if thats true thats since they reduced the pricing. I bought my ES for $4175 under MSRP in 2003, negotiating on my own, and there was still profit in the deal for the dealership.

www.carbargains.com and services like that are cool and real time savers. They have connections with dealerships and can get prices you can't get by the virtue that they're going to do more repeat business with a dealership and a salesperson than you can ever do.

For instance a dealer may be willing to sell an ES for $250 above invoice if he's going to sell 6 more that month to buyers from the same source.

As for there being only $3900 profit in an ES, if thats true thats since they reduced the pricing. I bought my ES for $4175 under MSRP in 2003, negotiating on my own, and there was still profit in the deal for the dealership.

I like it for a different reason. Buying a car is generally an adversarial activity - you against the dealer. Since you're going to have to go back to that dealer regularly for years, starting out with an adversarial relationship isn't ideal.

From the buyer's side, there's another advantage. While most dealers will try to match the offer you get from their competition, but they require it in writing. OTOH, none of the dealers like to put their deals in writing. With carbargains, you get a hard copy of the offers - so you can choose the dealer you prefer rather than the cheapest (most dealers will honor a carbargains price). Over time, this will benefit the higher quality dealers since most people will choose the better dealer if price is the same.

Finally, if you're in a remote area, you have more options, There's only one Lexus dealer in Tulsa. I would not go to Dallas, Wichita, or Kansas City to LOOK at cars, but given a price from Carbargains where no negotiating is involved, I might easily go their to buy one. That meant that I had 5 dealers to get prices from rather than 1 if I did it myself. Since the local deaaler matched the low price (KC, IIRC), I still ended up buying locally.

One thing to watch for, though. You still have to negotiate on any trade-in and you probably won't get a great deal on your trade.

All very true.

As far as trades go, I decided a while back that you're better off trading your car elsewhere than the dealership you're buying from. If you have Carmax or anything like that nearby they will buy your trade for you, removing it from the negotiation when it comes time to buy the new car.

Lexus 411,

I am in the NY area but the system isn't letting me send you a message. Can you please give me the pricing and PM me? Thanks

NewtoLexus:

the system isn't letting you send a PM or email through LOC because you will not have access to those functions until your post count is above 20.

steviej