Amsoil

I've heard some bold claims about Amsoil increasing performance, gas mileage etc.

Have any of you guys, besides the Amsoil dealors, used this product and compared mileage before and after? I have heard that you only have to change it in the crankcase every 24,000 miles or so. Wouldn't the oil still get dirty and need replacing before then even if it didn't break down? If you respond and you are an Amsoil dealer please indicate.

I've heard some bold claims about Amsoil increasing performance, gas mileage etc.

Have any of you guys, besides the Amsoil dealors, used this product and compared mileage before and after?  I have heard that you only have to change it in the crankcase every 24,000 miles or so.  Wouldn't the oil still get dirty and need replacing before then even if it didn't break down?  If you respond and you are an Amsoil dealer please indicate.

My advice is to search these forums as this topic has been covered over and over.

Yeah since 1974 Amsoil has been making these bold claims. If there was really data available to support such claims it would have been acquired by Amsoil and made available to the public 31 years ago. But the top managers of off brands like Amsoil and Royal Purple know they can still sell their product without providing data to support their bold claims. They know that as long as even a tiny% of car owners fall for such claims, companies like themselves will stay in business forever because there is always going to be an inexhaustable supply of 16-35 year olds who are:

1. Attracted to flashy ads that make bold claims

2. In that "I gotta experiment and see what happens phase"

3. Don't yet understand that lots of dirty old businessmen are getting rich taking

advantage of the innocence of young people in this way.

4. Fall for the "placebo effect" - they IMAGINE they're cars have more power and run smoother after switching to synthetic.

I think Amsoil is a great product, too expensive for consistent use, mobil 1 synthetic is cheaper and a great product for engines. I use amsoil in differentals where it doesn't need to be changed very often.  B)

Unfortunately, for Toyota/Lexus transmissions....Mobil1 does not make a product compatible with the type IV fluid, Amsoil is the only synthetic that is compatible that I am aware of currently. ;)

:cheers:

Yeah since 1974 Amsoil has been making these bold claims.  If there was really data available to support such claims it would have been acquired by Amsoil and made available to the public 31 years ago.  But the top managers of off brands like Amsoil and Royal Purple know they can still sell their product without providing data to support their bold claims. They know that as long as even a tiny% of car owners fall for such claims, companies like themselves will stay in business forever because there is always going to be an inexhaustable supply of 16-35 year olds who are:

1. Attracted to flashy ads that make bold claims

2. In that "I gotta experiment and see what happens phase"

3. Don't yet understand that lots of dirty old businessmen are getting rich taking

advantage of the innocence of young people in this way.

4. Fall for the "placebo effect" - they IMAGINE they're cars have more power and run smoother after switching to synthetic.

Yup, they have been making these claims and many business and oil companies are following there lead! Hate to tell you they benchmarked this field.

There (Amsoil) claims WORK since they are tested per ASTM and SAE testing. Also I can’t claim on Royal Purple since they have dino oils two.

Monach take a look at BITOG site and they know more info that you can grasp, download in your PC and a lifetime. Go post over there and they will set you correct. These people will amaze you with there understanding, know how and real life testing longer then I have been alive!. Nevermind there are chemists and real life lube engineers there.

PS. Since you are like age discrimination here there age are from 18 to over 60 here.

Also to me this slamming of Amsoil is a joke since you never have any data to support your claims. Many people dislike these oils for 2 reasons and 2 only: 1) to much money for them or; 2) they do not understand it.

At least I have an understanding of their product (or oil and there additives in general) and have been testing it for years; alng with reading ASTM and SAE spec. No little pretty pictures here, just data. I will support my claims via my testing.

I think Amsoil is a great product, too expensive for consistent use, mobil 1 synthetic is cheaper and a great product for engines. I use amsoil in differentals where it doesn't need to be changed very often.  B)

What defines expensive? Compared to what? I send $45 a year on oil and (1) oil test.

I spend $24 for ATF fluid every 2 years.

Have any of you guys, besides the Amsoil dealors, used this product and compared mileage before and after?  I have heard that you only have to change it in the crankcase every 24,000 miles or so.  Wouldn't the oil still get dirty and need replacing before then even if it didn't break down?  If you respond and you are an Amsoil dealer please indicate.

I have personally used Amsoil for several (many) years. Do a search on it since I have posted many times on it.

I am not a dealer also but know many.

Here is what I posted on it last since I do not want to re-invent the wheel.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...20737&hl=amsoil

What defines expensive? Compared to what? I send $45 a year on oil and (1) oil test.

I spend $24 for ATF fluid every 2 years.

I change my oil right about 3000 miles, synthetic or non synthetic. It's too much hassle to order Amsoil in advance and I don't feel comfortable leaving it in for the intervals they recommend. So, in essence I'd be wasting money and oil. It's much more convienent to jam over to walmart and pick up some mobil 1 synthetic and it's only $20 for 5 quarts. I flush my A/T with T4. It seems to be lasting about a year before it starts getting dark. <_<

I change my oil right about 3000 miles, synthetic or non synthetic. It's too much hassle to order Amsoil in advance and I don't feel comfortable leaving it in for the intervals they recommend. So, in essence I'd be wasting money and oil. It's much more convienent to jam over to walmart and pick up some mobil 1 synthetic and it's only $20 for 5 quarts. I flush my A/T with T4. It seems to be lasting about a year before it starts getting dark. <_<

That is a lot of wasted $$ and time as you stated. And I thought my $45 per year was alot.....I just finished yet another 1-year drain on my ES! Been doing 1-year drain on my gsxr1100 since new along with my tractor Then again, I can’t stand Wal-!Removed! either.

Your fluid should be red as the day you put it in. IO checked my last month, over 1 year old and looks the same and smells the same as new fluid! Not draining till Spring or summer.