Suspension Woes

chekerbored68

Can anyone tell me why the left side of the car is "jacked up", while the right rear is about correct hight for high setting, and the right fromt is bottomed? Also, the ride control switch inside the car (Normal/High) is intermittent. I don't know if I have a common problem, or unrelated. I just don't want to throw money/parts at it, ya know? ANY help/advice/etc is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Can anyone tell me why the left side of the car is "jacked up", while the right rear is about correct hight for high setting, and the right fromt is bottomed? Also, the ride control switch inside the car (Normal/High) is intermittent. I don't know if I have a common problem, or unrelated. I just don't want to throw money/parts at it, ya know? ANY help/advice/etc is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

it sounds like you have air suspension and from what ive rad b4 your compressor on the shocks might be going out

it sounds like you have air suspension and from what ive rad b4 your compressor on the shocks might be going out

Not good. either one of your struts, your main control module or your compressor may be gine. typically when the compressor goes, all of the struts will not work. if it is the struts, the cheapest i have seen them from lexus is $950 a strut.. but i have a connection at a toyota dealer that may be able to help you. PM me if interested.

Not good. either one of your struts, your main control module or your compressor may be gine. typically when the compressor goes, all of the struts will not work. if it is the struts, the cheapest i have seen them from lexus is $950 a strut.. but i have a connection at a toyota dealer that may be able to help you. PM me if interested.

when i thought i needed new air shocks (turns out i did not...it was another cheaper repair), i searched on ebay to see what my options were. i found remanufactured (to OEM specs) air struts for $415 each, plus another $25 shipping. the company offers a lifetime warranty on their product. i checked today, and there are several still listed. don't have the link for you, but search on ebay for 'air strut ls400' or whatever your make/model is...good luck... btw, a dealer quoted me nearly 1,200 each for this part new! if you do go the ebay route, be sure to check the seller's 'rating'. i never buy from anyone rated lower than 97% customer satisfaction.

when i thought i needed new air shocks (turns out i did not...it was another cheaper repair), i searched on ebay to see what my options were. i found remanufactured (to OEM specs) air struts for $415 each, plus another $25 shipping. the company offers a lifetime warranty on their product. i checked today, and there are several still listed. don't have the link for you, but search on ebay for 'air strut ls400' or whatever your make/model is...good luck... btw, a dealer quoted me nearly 1,200 each for this part new! if you do go the ebay route, be sure to check the seller's 'rating'. i never buy from anyone rated lower than 97% customer satisfaction.

good find prix! i would go that route. ou could replace em twice and still have$$$ leftover.

I also have a air ride in my 93 ls400 and my 2 rear shockes went out. They are exspensive they wanted like 700 per shock. Lucky for me I got a connect in lexus so I got em both for a total of 800!! The air ride is sweet I recommend keeping it if you can.

• 3 weeks later...

new air shocks are listed on discounttoyotaparts.com for $829 for ls400 1994 that is. all their parts are cheaper than retail, some with significant discount (25 to 30%), others only 10-15 percent. fyi (someone else on this board told me about this web site, so I checked it out). Looks like a good (reliable) resource. Based in Austin, TX.

(

good find prix! i would go that route. ou could replace em twice and still have$$$ leftover.