Mileage On 2001 Rx - Which Grade Gas To Use?

rockhead

Just purchased a 2001 RX Silversport today. I've read in previous posts about possibly getting better mileage using premium gas versus standard grade. Will the extra cost of premium fuel pay off in the longrun with MUCH better mileage? Approximately how much better mileage per gallon should I expect using premium gas instead of standard? I'm just wondering if it will really make a noticable difference in the mileage versus the cost.

Any help/answers are appreciated. Thanks!!

The difference in price per gas type is larger than the difference in MPG you'll save using premium.

This means that it's better to put junk gas in it to save money. The engine doesn't "need" premium, so regular is fine. In the rx300 manual it states that using premium gas helps performance....

If you put regular in it one week, and the next week put premium, you ARE able to tell a difference.

I put reg. in my RX's now only because of the prices. I used to put mid-grade in...

Just purchased a 2001 RX Silversport today. I've read in previous posts about possibly getting better mileage using premium gas versus standard grade. Will the extra cost of premium fuel pay off in the longrun with MUCH better mileage? Approximately how much better mileage per gallon should I expect using premium gas instead of standard? I'm just wondering if it will really make a noticable difference in the mileage versus the cost.

Any help/answers are appreciated. Thanks!!

I have 02 rx300 I used premium for a while then changed to mid grade honestly I didnt see a difference in MPG or performance.