Fan Bracket

timsun

I have a 1990 LS400 and the cooling fan bracket is binding and needs replaced. I have the new part but I am not suree what all has to come off to remove the bracket. It doesn't look too dificult but I do not want to break anything. The closest dealer to me is 6 hours away. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe that there is a dealer in Tallahassee but anyhow, which cooling fan are you talking about and what bracket??  Are you talking about the fans in front of the radiator?

It is the one that is turned by the belt that is mounted behind the radiator that holds the fan clutch and pulley

Removal of the fan bracket is part of the timing belt removal and is step 36 of a 43

step procedure. For removal of the fan bracket itself, it simply says to remove 2 bolts and 2 nuts to remove the bracket. Of course you would have already removed the fan and clutch assy and pulley from the engine. Sorry, I do not have any personal experience of just removing the fan bracket by itself and don't know how far you will have to teat it apart to get at the nuts and bolts holding the fan bracket in. If I were faced with the job, I would remove the fan/clutch and pulley to see if I had access. I'm sorry that I can't speak from personal experience on this.

i just remove the fan bracket of my LS400, it is a lot of work, you have to remove the fan assembly, cover of the ignition coil, etc. it took me almost 4 hours just to remove them, i wll take pictures and will post it here.

i just remove the fan bracket of my LS400, it is a lot of work, you have to remove the fan assembly, cover of the ignition coil, etc. it took me almost 4 hours just to remove them, i wll take pictures and will post it here.

I finally got mine changed and you are right, it is a bit of a bear. The hardest part was getting the bolt out of the bottom of the bracket that helps hold the A/C compressor on. Putting it all back together was much easier. It is not an easy job, but it sure beats changing the water pump and timing belt. Thanks for your help and I look forward to seeing your pictorial on the web page. Tim

• 2 months later...

I finally got mine changed and you are right, it is a bit of a bear. The hardest part was getting the bolt out of the bottom of the bracket that helps hold the A/C compressor on. Putting it all back together was much easier. It is not an easy job, but it sure beats changing the water pump and timing belt. Thanks for your help and I look forward to seeing your pictorial on the web page. Tim

Where did you get the part, and how much did you pay?

Looking for the same thing.