Lexus Es300 Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming

93Miata

What does your local dealer charge for Lexus keyless entry remotes?

My Lexus dealer wants $119 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (98 ES300, 96 SC300).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.

Reno Dealer quoted 300 for an 01 cut and programmed.

Try here http://www.streetkeys.com/

What does your local dealer charge for Lexus keyless entry remotes?

My Lexus dealer wants $119 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (98 ES300, 96 SC300).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.

I found another keyless entry remote site online that I'm willing to give a shot -

The KR site wants $84 a piece for the 98 ES300 remote, and they're less than 1/2 that price on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my SC300 as well.

Edited by SKperformance

I got my remote in the mail today.

Programming was easy, took about 10 seconds. I can't believe a dealership would charge 1/2 hour of labor for a 10 second job. Thats a good way to lose customers.

Anyhow, the remote works great and when I went to put in an order for remote for the SC300 I noticed I got free shipping, so I bought a 2nd remote for the ES300 and a pair for the SC. FINALLY, I will have remotes that work and that I can use.

Edited by SKperformance

You must have missed what i said before.

I believe you are part of the company who sells keys.

This is your final warning post the name of the company again and you and the company will be removed from the LOC database.

Meaning there is no way anyone will see the company name show up.

I do not find that new members ever come onto this site just to let everyone know where they got a deal before ever setting foot in the LOC before.

It seems to be a loophole that you may have thought worked for your company to bi pass the rules.

You want to advertise then you will pay for it like any other vendor!

I mentioned this before and you disregarded it. I will not mention this again !