2002 Is300 Brake Noise

Cooldog

Hi All,

My wife and I just recently purchesed a certified 2002 IS300. We love it! One problem we've noticed is, the brake pad's float when you change directions from drive to reverse. I took it back to the dealer and was told it was normal for the IS model. I must say that it doesn't make sense any model of Lexus would make that kind of annoying sound. Just wondering if other owners have this same problem. Thanks

Please describe the problem. I have a 2002 is300 sportcross and when I switch from reverse to drive, I hear/feel a loud "clunk" originating from the front wheels.

Yes! That's exactly what it is! I was a little frustrated, so I went back to the dealer and asked to drive a different IS300 0n the lot. Low and behold, it did the same thing. I'm satisfied that it's noraml fot the IS.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Please describe the problem. I have a 2002 is300 sportcross and when I switch from reverse to drive, I hear/feel a loud "clunk" originating from the front wheels.

Yes! That's exactly what it is! I was a little frustrated, so I went back to the dealer and asked to drive a different IS300 0n the lot. Low and behold, it did the same thing. I'm satisfied that it's noraml fot the IS.

Thanks

speaking of brake problems. after i purchased my 01 is 300 with 46K on it, after 2 or 3 months i noticed brake noise, as in the sound that comes from a worn out brake pads, i changed the front pads first and they were fine until i drove it and everytime i applied the brakes, there was this "clunk" noise coming from the front left brake. i thought that i had some air in the system but no it was fine. braking power/resistance is the same, except for that clunk noise along wiht that metal rubbing noise from the back of the car. i was sick and tired of changing my own brakes ,so i went to a brake shop and let them change my rear brakes, low behold they said that there was still that noise coming from the back, when driving, it quits when you apply the brakes. the shop machined my rotors and got me new pads of course, yet i still cant find out where the noise comes from.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

speaking of brake problems. after i purchased my 01 is 300 with 46K on it, after 2 or 3 months i noticed brake noise, as in the sound that comes from a worn out brake pads, i changed the front pads first and they were fine until i drove it and everytime i applied the brakes, there was this "clunk" noise coming from the front left brake. i thought that i had some air in the system but no it was fine. braking power/resistance is the same, except for that clunk noise along wiht that metal rubbing noise from the back of the car. i was sick and tired of changing my own brakes ,so i went to a brake shop and let them change my rear brakes, low behold they said that there was still that noise coming from the back, when driving, it quits when you apply the brakes. the shop machined my rotors and got me new pads of course, yet i still cant find out where the noise comes from.

Never mind y'all i went to just brakes and described them the problem, they said that the rotors were worn and the calibers needed replacement or be rebuilt along wiht new rotors and flushing the whole system. estimating all at around 750 bucks.

it's funny that "all the sudden everyone has a lexus with the same problem" and he recommended that job . but i said no and jsut told him to resurface the rotors and now there's no vibration and no noises anymore...