04 Rx Power Back Door Problem

twinelmskao

The factory default is that all passenger doors need to be unlocked before the “hatch” can. You can have this changed though in the preferred preference settings so that you can open the hatch with the remote while keeping the doors looked. If you are trying to raise the hatch from inside the vehicle all the doors have to be unlocked though. :)

Brian

The factory default is that all passenger doors need to be unlocked before the “hatch” can.  You can have this changed though in the preferred preference settings so that you can open the hatch with the remote while keeping the doors looked.  If you are trying to raise the hatch from inside the vehicle all the doors have to be unlocked though.  :)

Brian

Hmmm...didnt know that feature! Can you set this yourself or does lexus have to do it--I would like it where I didnt have to unlock all doors

Please read the response from another member who mentions a TSB (Tech Svc Bulliten). The problem is the ECU, computer chip, that performs this function, fails periodically. I took mine in, and they replace the chip. After 6-8 months, it has never failed again. It is covered under the warranty.