Newbie Almost A Real Member

widowmaker03

Special Thanks to ko90ls, akewlguy, and nc211 for your reply to my first post. I was very concerned about purchasing a vehicle with close to 100k miles on it.

I'm hoping to seal the deal on a 99 by next Thursday.

So far:

Car passed Carfax

Brother did visual and drive test (I live 200+ miles from car)

Owner is splitting cost of 150 point inspection and 90K service

More to follow (I hope)

Good job man you will love it!

Congrats and let us know the updates after a week and month.

My career has me traveling and each week I get something kewl for a rental. I always am excited to get my powerful tank when I get home. The 93 is such a joy so what ever you get is going to be awesome!

Cheers to LEXUS and you!

No problem at all, glad to help anytime. With this website, you'll master the car in no time. We're a dealership's worst nightmare, becuase we know what it "really" takes, and costs. Kewl is right, once you get the LS and have spent some time with it, go drive something else for kicks. You'll miss your LS like you can't believe. It's a great feeling getting behind the wheel of an LS400, ESPECIALLY when it's yours!

Special Thanks to ko90ls, akewlguy, and nc211 for your reply to my first post.  I was very concerned about purchasing a vehicle with close to 100k miles on it.

I'm hoping to seal the deal on a 99 by next Thursday.

So far:

Car passed Carfax

Brother did visual and drive test (I leave 200+ miles from car)

Owner is splitting cost of 150 point inspection and 90K service

More to follow (I hope)

Welcome & sounds like a nice ride!! B) Post pics when you can & just enjoy! :)

:cheers:

with the dealership performing the 90k service, you're pretty much taken care of in regards to anything they might miss. Make 100% sure the 90k service does include the new timing belt and water pump! I've heard from my dealership that sometimes that isn't included automatically. But my dealership is somewhat shady. Other than that, you're good to go amigo! Hope you're well rested when you get it, because you'll be playing with it all weekend long! If you're married, you might as well pick up some flowers on your way home from picking up the car, because she'll be ticked when you're drooling over a car at 3:00am, instead of her! They don't tell you that part at the dealership.

ran carfax on it for ya'. looks like second owner was an over the road driver, they put on 16k miles in about 90 days. Probably took it in for service, was told it needed the 90k service done, told the price tag for that service, and decided to get rid of it. Sweet looking car man!

Update:

Car finished Lexus inspection. It needs a front end alignment and mechanic feels struts are a little springy but no leaks. Also, A/C filter need replacing.

Paperwork is being faxed to me tomorrow.

Looks like I'm on my way to Houston.

Thanks Guys