Getting A Borla.

I have decided the Borla is the way to go. Just one thing, do they come with different tips? I hear things on this forum about "old" style and "new style" what is this about and what am I going to get.

Other exhausts are waaaaaaaaayyyy too large.

Apexi; tip is 100mm; not too big but they discontinued the WS. New WS2 did not come out yet due to R & D problems.

Greddy; tip is 115; pretty large, also loud

HKS; the tip is 120mm; that's like 6" - ghetto imho

Tanabe; tip is 115mm; pretty large but also loud and raspy

This is just my opinion for a "stock" looking car. If I had a full body kit, lowered and forced induction under the hood then these large exhausts are perfect and the way to go. For moderate engine mods I heard the Borla is the best choice from many of the lexus owners here at the forum.

Btw, my car feels like it is real sluggish. I have a 2000 GS400. I have 19" wheels and a box w/2 12" subs. With just myself in the car I can't even burn the tires even an inch. That's with the "power" mode on and the VSC off; is this normal???

Oh yeah, and I did that throttle cable tightening and it didn't do anything, just now all of a sudden my car shakes in drive when I am stopped at a light (RPM's are NOT fluctuating either - no rough idle). If I put it in neutral the car idles fine and no vibration. Please give me some advise or direction.

Thanks again, :)

Nick

I don't know about exhaust choice you want to make, but vibration thats what i'm dealing with, and i just got my '00 GS400 with 70,000 miles . From my expirience, problem we have: Worn engine/transmission mounts

You have, same issue i do. Unfortunetly you'll have to repace them sooner or later so start saving some money unless you're ok with litlle discomfort.

I'm wondering how much it will cost me parts/labor, Do you have any idea? :cries:

No I have no idea how much it could cost. I had them done once on my 1992 Acura Legend. Engine mounts and tranny mount. I think it was around $300. I think the engine/tranny mounts would be covered under warranty as I still have 1 year left on my extended.

Anyway, ironically I also have 70,000 miles on my GS. The vibration/shaking does NOT happen all the time. Only sometimes like after a ride on the highway.

Nick

sorry, can help about the exhaust and this tiny bit of advice is a no brainer, but Ill just say it incase for some odd reason it was never thought of before. Call lexus, ask them how much the total is for new engine/tranny mounts, and was the labor will be. Good Luck.

oh ya, ever look into JIC? Junction Produce? Tom's? Blitz? C-one? Fabulous? http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/struct.p..._id=8&cat_id=10

There's more out there, just gotta be patient.