Top 3 Cost Effective Mods For A Gs300 (2001)

I currently run a 92 SC400 and with some great feedback from the "otherside - SC forums" I have been able to do some wicked cost effective modifications. But now and then I jump into my wife's 2001 GS300 and love it, but not the lack of power. I have an air in-take on the way for her, but what other options are there to up the power - turbos/superchargers are not realistic on my wife's car.

I appreciate the feedback

Cheers

theres not much else, u can do exhaust, although im guessing as it being your wifes car you dont want it "loud". Just keep the resenators. UHH, not much else i can think of, i own a 96' and my next mod is a turbo, so im saving and not looking into the "cheaper", and by cheaper i mean less than a turbo kit.

Good Luck, maybe some 2nd Gen owners will chime in.

theres not much else, u can do exhaust, although im guessing as it being your wifes car you dont want it "loud". Just keep the resenators. UHH, not much else i can think of, i own a 96' and my next mod is a turbo, so im saving and not looking into the "cheaper", and by cheaper i mean less than a turbo kit.

Good Luck, maybe some 2nd Gen owners will chime in.

I hear stuff like underdrive pulleys? or something along those lines? Not sure how this works and the benefits....

Hmmm

Price will honestly vary widely depending on the brand (quality) you purchase. Header...my guess is around 150-300, exhaust is going to be in the high hundreds/low thousands and even possibly around 2K. Machine work depends on what you're having done and labor. You'd have to call companies and research prices and info and all of that to get a good idea.

I've heard that the underweighted pulley mod (smaller pulley and new serpentine belt) doesn't cost much and yields a few HP in the higher RPM range. However, most are of the opinion that it isn't worth it because the side effect is an under performing electrical and cooling system.

• 3 weeks later...
Price will honestly vary widely depending on the brand (quality) you purchase. Header...my guess is around 150-300, exhaust is going to be in the high hundreds/low thousands and even possibly around 2K. Machine work depends on what you're having done and labor. You'd have to call companies and research prices and info and all of that to get a good idea.

i saw that you were talking to some one else about top 3 mods for a GS 300 2001, and you mentioned headers. Can you tell me were i can get some headers for my 2001 GS300. I BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE

• 2 months later...

You should get the SRT intake. I don't have one on my 01 GS3, but I've read that it adds some good power and even has an ECU that changes the fuel delivery for power and better fuel economy. They say it adds about 30+ hp and 40+ torque. That will run you about $450-550 depending where you shop. I know lextasy.com, luxurymods.com, and l-tuned.com have them. You might also want to look into a torque converter, but that will run you about $800-900 for a good one. You could do a Borla, A'PEXi, or HKS exhaust. About $550-650. Just remember you also have to pay for the labor unless you can do it yourself. But all these mods could give about 100hp or so.

• 1 month later...

You should get the SRT intake. I don't have one on my 01 GS3, but I've read that it adds some good power and even has an ECU that changes the fuel delivery for power and better fuel economy. They say it adds about 30+ hp and 40+ torque. That will run you about $450-550 depending where you shop. I know lextasy.com, luxurymods.com, and l-tuned.com have them. You might also want to look into a torque converter, but that will run you about $800-900 for a good one. You could do a Borla, A'PEXi, or HKS exhaust. About $550-650. Just remember you also have to pay for the labor unless you can do it yourself. But all these mods could give about 100hp or so.

I have a used srt intake and ecu just removed from my 01 GS3 that i am looking to sell for about $325 shipped. This intake with ecu gives u 22hp and 24lbft. It is a good investment to make if u r looking for a quick power boost. The only reason i had it removed is because I just installed an LMS Supercharger kit. This kit definitely makes up for the lack of power. 300rwhp 320rw lbft.

I have a used srt intake and ecu just removed from my 01 GS3 that i am looking to sell for about $325 shipped. This intake with ecu gives u 22hp and 24lbft. It is a good investment to make if u r looking for a quick power boost. The only reason i had it removed is because I just installed an LMS Supercharger kit. This kit definitely makes up for the lack of power. 300rwhp 320rw lbft.

hay white diamond01 where did you get your supercharger from, i also have a 01 GS3 and im thinking of getting a supercharger, i thought they didn't make one for the GS3.

• 4 weeks later...

hay white diamond01 where did you get your supercharger from, i also have a 01 GS3 and im thinking of getting a supercharger, i thought they didn't make one for the GS3.

Sorry I took so long 2 respond I havn't been on 4 a while. I got the SC from Luxury Motor Works the kit that is used for the IS is also used 4 da GS.