Weird Homemade Cleaners

Rx330driver

I know a lot of people use woolite with water to clean the leather in a car or something. Just thought i would share my "homemade" cleaner solution. This is for the stock rims for lexus. Just spray some Windex on bounty or another paper towel and just wipe it. Gets the gunk off. hehe :D This is for that aluminum rims, not the shiny metal ones. Im not sure if this is bad for the rims, but yeah, it works for me.

I know a lot of people use woolite with water to clean the leather in a car or something. Just thought i would share my "homemade" cleaner solution. This is for the stock rims for lexus. Just spray some Windex on bounty or another paper towel and just wipe it. Gets the gunk off. hehe :D This is for that aluminum rims, not the shiny metal ones. Im not sure if this is bad for the rims, but yeah, it works for me.

Do yourself a favor get a P21S wheel cleaner. It is PH balanced, I believe Windex has ammonia (a base). Many aftermarket wheel cleaner actually can damage the finish of your wheels, especially after wheels heat up during driving.

You dont want to use Windex on your wheels, and you don't want to use paper towels either.

The wheels are painted with a clearcoat and the windex will erode it and pit it, and the paper towels will scar it. Besides, Windex is no cheaper than a quality wheel cleaner so just buy a quality wheel cleaner.

The Woolite+ Water solution is actually what the owners manual says to clean the leather with ("a 5% solution of natural detergent for wool" aka Woolite). Not just something we cooked up.

:chairshot: <-- me hitting myself. I actually used it on my rx300, but i dont have that anymore. Someone who bought my lexus from the lexus dealership should probably watch out, haha.

You can buy P21S and Sonus from this web. They are both PH balanced to make your rims shining.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tires---wheels.html

I have aluminum wheels on the 400h and i really like the Eagle One product Never-dull Wadding Polish. It is cotton batting with the cleaner inside it. You just tear a piece off and wipe the wheel, let it dry wipe it off. It cleans and polishes all metals, altho i think this product is easier to use when the wheel is clean or new.

You don't want to use that on your wheels either.

Your wheels are coated in clearcoat paint, and the wadding polish will degrade and scratch them. The wadding polish is for uncoated metal only.

Don't use anything on the wheels you wouldn't use on the paint.

You don't want to use that on your wheels either.

Your wheels are coated in clearcoat paint, and the wadding polish will degrade and scratch them. The wadding polish is for uncoated metal only.

Don't use anything on the wheels you wouldn't use on the paint.

how about Meguiar's ScratchX? It's used to remove very minor scratches, and makes the paint unbelievibly shiny. It can also remove bugs etc. caked on (but if you rub it in too much it will create new scratches). How about a wax afterwards?

Dang i trusted the guy at the auto parts store regarding the wadding polish, he knew there was clearcoat on the wheels but swore the eagle one product was safe, uses it himself. I will give them a call, and go pay him a visit...

Don't trust people at AutoParts stores, they're...not the most intelligent of folks...and have very little knowledge generally about the products the store has for sale.

Anyways the wadding polish removes oxidations and stains from uncoated metals, there's no need for it on clearcoated wheels because the metal cannot become stained or oxidized.

You can use Scratch X sure, anything you can use on the paint you can use on the wheels.