"rx330" Premature Transmission Failure

LexKid630

Do you think the RX330's will suffer from premature transmission failures as the rx300's can/do?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, i'm just wondering if i might be in any danger, and if it's likely to happen to the 330 as well. I'm aware of the "jolt problem" the 330 has, but this wont cause the tranny to go out all together will it?

I haven't heard anything about the rx330 transmissions going out early, so that's why i asked. :unsure:

Thanks

I would not loose any sleep over the tranny~!

Have you had the latest tranny update done to your 330?  It does help a ton with the shifting and lag time it had

I haven't had the update yet because i'm pretty used to the way the transmission works and it doesn't bother me. The way i drive it's either on or off LOL

Do you think the update will be better for the car? Or just for me?

IMMHO the RX330's hesitation problem/symptom is Toyota's "fix" for the premature transaxle failures in the RX300 series.

The RX300's engine starts developing high torque the instant you apply (more) pressure to the gas pedal. The RX330's engine doesn't so the transaxle clutches do not slip during downshifting.

I too think the latest TSB (re-calibrating the tranny) really helps the shifting pattern a great deal ... still not perfect though, but better. I had the one prior (ECM flash) to that done as well, but it seemed to last for only a few hundred miles before returning to what it was before.