Alarm Goes Off Even With Master Key

rwagner01

how do i stop the alarm from going off even with the master key in a 1993 ES. it does not matter which door, i have tried both. the button on the key will unlock the doors and is the original key. i had to put a new battery in it is all. the cars battery is only 3 months old and after reading some other postings i went and had it checked to make sure it was good. and add another one to the list that if you leave the window down you can just put the key in it and it will start without alarm sounding but if you use the key or the wireless button on key as soon as you open the door the alarm sounds and putting key in ignition and turning it then will not shut off alarm. you have to disconnect the battery to shut off alarm. I have read about simular situtations and have tried everything they mentioned. has anyone else heard of this and where should i start searching for problem?

Your alarm is having a problem.

Basically there are swithes on the door cylinders which activate and deactivate the alarm when a key is turned in a door.

If both doors do neither then you have a problem with the alarm brain.

Where did you go to get the key checked to see if it was working?

The faq has the radio frequency to validate the key.