Best New Rx400h Deal

What is the best price paid or the best price you have been quoted on a new RX400H?

Our dealer in Dallas, Texas has quoted us $3,000 off of the sticker price on Sept. 1, 2005. And the car is available for immediate delivery, today.

Is this the best we could have done?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got $3000 off this week, and it took some pulling teeth on the last day of the month. I've seen only one higher, at around $3500 off. Not sure if there was a trade in that deal, which might have altered that deal.

You won't get much better than $3000. If you like the car, you should buy it. No need haggling over a few hundred bucks on a $50k car.

I got $3000 off this week, and it took some pulling teeth on the last day of the month. I've seen only one higher, at around $3500 off.  Not sure if there was a trade in that deal, which might have altered that deal. 

You won't get much better than $3000.  If you like the car, you should buy it.  No need haggling over a few hundred bucks on a $50k car.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I have already made my deal at $3,000 off. I am not trying to make a better deal. I was just wondering if anyone had made a better deal. That is all.

I shopped everywhere in Los Angeles found no deal anywhere (3 month+ waiting period too!).

My friend told me the best deals are listed at www.autosbargain.com and I found nothing there either.

Anyone got the $3000 off deal around or close to L.A.? Thank you!

You know you guys in Cali can easily purchase one over the phone here, and have it shipped there in 5-6 days? Shipping would run $700-$1000 but you would still be ahead because of the $3000 off. I don't understand the problem. My dealer has every color but flint and white sitting on the lot.

I stopped by a couple of Chicago dealers last weekend. Neither had one on lot. Both were quoting 30-60 days depending on color.

Neither said out right they wouldn't discount the RX 400h, but suggested unless they began to have a few on the lot for more than a few days, it wasn't likely.

One offered me a $500 off courtesy discount as a previous customer.

Looks from your posting these aren't as popular in TX or Southeast.

I stopped by a couple of Chicago dealers last weekend.  Neither had one on lot.  Both were quoting 30-60 days depending on color. 

Neither said out right they wouldn't discount the RX 400h, but suggested unless they began to have a few on the lot for more than a few days, it wasn't likely.

One offered me a $500 off courtesy discount as a previous customer.

Looks from your posting these aren't as popular in TX or Southeast.

In Texas everyone seems to like everything bigger and the RX400H is a smaller SUV as compared to most of the others. I believe the Suburban type vehicle is still one of the most popular SUVs here in Texas.

I like the size and handling of the RX400H.

LCB, can you send me your car dealership's information. I'm not getting any deals here in the Rockies and would be more than willing to deal with someone in Atlanta.

Or if anyone else can let me know of a dealership that is offering any off the MSRP, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Jodie

just ordered the rx400h... had to pay sticker and a month for delievery, shopped around philly area and jersey and no one would discount. got it from lexus of cherry hill, they have the 400h instock but not the color i want.

In the SF bay area you have a waiting list a mile long. The deal you get is when they don't mark up the car higher than the MSRP. Many dealers are putting higher mark ups! :chairshot:

Just ordered my first Lexus (RX400h - black/grey) at Prestige Lexus of Ramsey NJ. Due to pick it up this Saturday. They had the color I wanted at the MSRP which includes Mark Levinson and heated seats. I have no need for DVD entertainment system any how...

LCB, can you send me your car dealership's information.  I'm not getting any deals here in the Rockies and would be more than willing to deal with someone in Atlanta.

Or if anyone else can let me know of a dealership that is offering any off the MSRP, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Jodie

Purchased at Nalley Lexus in Smyrna, GA.

What is your email and i'll give you the salesperson's contact info? I can't email or pm through this forum for some reason.

In the SF bay area you have a waiting list a mile long. The deal you get is when they don't mark up the car higher than the MSRP. Many dealers are putting higher mark ups! :chairshot:

Unless they have changed lately, neither Sacramento or Roseville Lexus is charging a mark up. I don't know how long their lists are since we've already gotten ours.

Unless they have changed lately, neither Sacramento or Roseville Lexus is charging a mark up. I don't know how long their lists are since we've already gotten ours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
just wanted to revive this thread, whats everyone paying these days?

I just paid $500 over invoice (4915 off of MSRP) for a new '08 400h FWD. The car is fabulous - one of the best I've ever driven/owned. Amongst other items, I got the nav system with the Mark Levinson sound. The car is nearly loaded up.

1st tank I got 27.4 mpg on the energy page. It isn't shy when you step on the pedal either. Its very quick especially when accelerating at highway speeds.

Did I say, "I love it"? :cheers:

just wanted to revive this thread, whats everyone paying these days?

I just paid $500 over invoice (4915 off of MSRP) for a new '08 400h FWD. The car is fabulous - one of the best I've ever driven/owned. Amongst other items, I got the nav system with the Mark Levinson sound. The car is nearly loaded up.

1st tank I got 27.4 mpg on the energy page. It isn't shy when you step on the pedal either. Its very quick especially when accelerating at highway speeds.

Did I say, "I love it"? :cheers:

Can you please share which dealership you bought your vehicle from? Thanks.

I'm in the process of researching the vehicle and prices. Still deciding on FWD vs AWD and some options. Don't know if $500 over invoice is realistic for the AWDs in SoCal. Also, I wish more were produced without the wood trim.