I Need Some Advise On A 2jz-gte Swap

Nimski62

oKay.. i want to do a swap, and all the engines on ebay with less the 40k on em, are automatics, and i already have a 5spd in my sc300.. now, by any chance could i just use my current transmission and use that engine?, or is it totally not possible?.. I am a n00b so take it easy.. LOL.. anyways.. i knw its not smart to turbo my car as it is.. so im not gonna do that.. but, if it is possible, and i get the ecu and everything with the engine, is the wireing harness and everything the same also,? and will it be an easy swap for someone who knows what they are doing?.. LOL so many questrions.. Well thank you in advacne.. let me know

post-11177-1125284752_thumb.jpg

using an auto engine well only work if you find a manual harness and computer but its possible that u can use the auto harness if the plugs in the ecu are the same but major wiring work will be needed. the easier thing to do would be to go standalone engine management, like a motec or autronic.

I like what kietlander has to say. First of all you can turbo a stock 2JZ-GTE. Even a 2JZ-GE if need be. The tranny fits, but the stock 5-speed that comes with sc300's can only hold a max of 350ish HP. What you want to do go ahead and save up for a 6sp tranny because once you start modifying you car, its never enough.. Than swap in the tranny and engine (with or without the turbo) and get a standalone EMS or something that wil manage your engine's properties or whatnot. As far as the durability of the 2JZ series... well lets me just say this. I have seen a honda B-16 take up to 400+ HP on stock internals. The 2JZ is by far a superior engine. Im not saying go nuts on it , you might want to sleeve it, but it can handle about a max of 8-10 lbs of boost stock dep on the turbo setup you use. Also, try and stay away from ebay. I cant say im perfect either, i saved a boat load on rims... but i wouldnt shop engines there. Happy hunting

Juancho

You can use your current transmission (code w58). The only problem is that you probably won't leave the 2jzgte stock for long. Once you go over 350hp, you're really going to be pushing to limits with the w58. You can pick up a r154 trans out of a mark 3 supra turbo or soarer 1jzgte pretty cheap and that'll hold a worked 2jzgte up to about 550hp. You'll need to get the soarer shifter though to make it work as the supra shifter is not the right shape. I'm not sure if the driveshaft needs to be lengthened or shortened either. Or, if you've got the cash, buy a 6sp v161 or v162 supra trans. You'll have to bang out room for it in the driveshaft tunnell but it would be sooooooo pimp to have a 6sp in a sc.

I disagree. I have a 1jzgte in my sc300 which came with a 5sp manual trans from the factory. The swap came from a soarer auto and I retained the a/t wiring harness and ecu. I bet you could do the same for a 2jzgte.

using an auto engine well only work if you find a manual harness and computer but its possible that u can use the auto harness if the plugs in the ecu are the same but major wiring work will be needed. the easier thing to do would be to go standalone engine management, like a motec or autronic.