Gs430 Starts Then Dies Immediately

I need help and have been unable to locate a similar thread to my problem. My 2001 GS430 was running great. Friday evening I installed the SRT intake per the instructions. When it was time to turn her on and test her, she starts as normal then just dies. Won't even idle. I hear a loud humming sound coming from the module on the left side of the throttle body after trying to start the car. The sound doesn't sound healthy. I called SRT and confirmed all my wiring was correct. I was worried that the piggyback ECU they provided was possibly doing something weird, so I disconnected it and put the wiring back to stock. The car still has the same problem. Starts as normal and dies, won't idle. Same noise is coming from left side of throttle body.

I'm beginning to think this may be a problem with the throttle body controls and be unrelated to the SRT intake but it sure is a coincidence. The car is still under factory warranty so I'm wondering if the best thing to do is to put the stock airbox assembly back on and get it towed to the dealer.

Anyone have an suggestions as to what the problem may be?

UPDATE!

I replaced the stock hardware and took the SRT plumbing off as I was preparing to take it in for warranty work. Now the car starts and runs fine. I put the SRT hardware back on and the problems happens again. I guess I'll be leaving her stock until I can talk to the guys at SRT. I don't get it. I double checked all the vacuums lines and connections.

Thanks,

Jeff :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Just be glad it didn't destroy and electronics.

Put it back in the box and demand a refund for the defective product

I would like to post an update here. After talking with Mo at SRT and him rechecking the SRT ECU to make sure it was programmed correctly, I found out I had mounted the MAF 180 degrees out of sink in the new hardware. The car wasn't starting because it could not register the airflow with the new intake. This was my mistake. :chairshot:

The problem was found and corrected this weekend. The car now runs incredible. It sounds mean when you romp on it but is still quiet under normal driving.

I wanted to post this in order to defend SRT's product. It works great if installed correctly!