Cooling, Heating, Climate, Ac Fan Issue

Tote

Help!!! It's hot and this week the fan did not start up 3 out of 8 times. That is 1 time too many.

The 3 times that it did not turn on when I pushed the button, the fan or Fans (i think it is one but not sure) seem to start turning after a while say after from 30 seconds to 10 min later. Maybe I hit bumps in road or the air from the outside is helping the fan start to spin, maybe just debri.

I know it's not the fuse as it starts up sometimes fine.

Does anyone know where to find the fan to check connectivity and the fan?

Any Ideas?

93 LS400

Thanks, Any Help would be appreciated

On a hot day the A/C blower will not start automatically until the A/C evaporator core is chilled by refrigerant flow down to a fairly cool level.

It should start instantly if you depress one of the manual speed buttons.

If it starts manually but is delayed automatically you are likely low on refrigerant of the compressor is TU.

The fan does not start when i enable the air manually.

I can press low, medium, and high. I can see the lights over the buttons change accordingly just no air. It Happened again today. I believe its the fan. Would like to know the location of the fan before I start dismantalling? I'm going to reseat the connector on the back of the control panel for starters.

Anyone know how to get to the fan, or a diagram?

93 LS400

Thanks

You might check out this thread I started on the same issue. I ended up running a ground wire through a switch to the relay mentioned in one of the posts. It gives me high speed fan for the moment. I'm going to replace the capacitors in the control and see if that makes a difference or will be looking at a new head unit. Good luck. Doug

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=21846&hl=