93 Es300 Shift Solenoid

Hello everyone, this is a great site. This past week I had a problem with the O/D light flashing on and off, came on the site and did a search and found that I had a speedometer sensor problem according to the symptoms I was having with the 93 ES300. Changed the speed sensor and it's running better took on the freeway and it definatly runs better but when I slowed down to turn the O/D light started, flashing did the bridging of the E1 and Te1 I think it is and got the 62 error which says it's the No. 1 shift solenoid. Did a search and couldn't find much on this topic can anyone help me on this? How difficult or how easy is it to change? I know I have to drop the tranny pan. Thanks

The easiest thing to do is to drop the pan and get the valve body cleaned and reinstalled,then add an inline tranny filter to the cooler line and it should be fine after if there is not other major worn clutches.

Is it a DIY or is it something I have to take to a mechanic?