Looking To Lease An Es330

Hey guys, I am new to the site, I am looking to lease an ES330. I just wanted to know if I lease an ES330 am I required to have it serviced or is it optional. And if so do I have to have it servicerd by a Lexus dealer or could I do it at a private shop? I heard that Lexus service is extremely steep is this true?

Thanks a lot.

Well yeah, you have to have it serviced. The leasing company will ask for service records if they suspect it hasn't been serviced.

As for where you can have it serviced you can have it serviced anywhere. Lexus service is expensive but its not THAT expensive on an ES but they can't make you service it at Lexus.

Ok thanks. So I can get  it serviced anywhere? Thats cool. So does that mean I can goto a Toyota dealer since the ES is similiar to the Camry underhood and get it done for a lot cheaper?

See, after your lease is up, the Lexus dealer takes it back and tries to make more money off it by either selling is as CPO or selling at auction.

Lexus wants to make sure it's not neglected while you're leasing it so when they get it back little work is needed to be done.

Just as long as you can "prove" the car was taken care of, you won't have a problem. If Lexus services it, you don't have to worry becuase they know everything was done. If you have it serviced somewhere else, just make sure you get it in writing and have a receipt varifying that it was at least done.

If you do the work yourself you can't prove it, so that's why u need to have it done somewhere else. Unless you buy oil etc. and save the receipts..i'm not sure how the Lexus dealers take that though LOL

But yes, a toyota dealer would be fine.

Toyota dealer, Jiffy Lube, it doesn't matter. Basically they're not going to ask. My dad has leased and turned in 6 cars and nobody's ever asked him for service reciepts.

But I'll bet your father's cars were in good condition.

If the OP didn't service his car, you can bet it would be in poor enough condition that Lexus would question it - and possibly ask for receipts.

Yes, very true.

when i turned in my 98 LS400 after the lease was up (3 years) the thing was in bad condition just from me driving it and a lot of driving. They asked me for all receipts...and of course i didn't have them so i just told them that they did all of it..they checked and i was fine.

Hey guys, I am new to the site, I am looking to lease an ES330. I just wanted to know if I lease an ES330 am I required to have it serviced or is it optional.

Have you ever driven a car before? If so then you'll know that in order to keep them running - they require service.

And if so do I have to have it servicerd by a Lexus dealer or could I do it at a private shop? I heard that Lexus service is extremely steep is this true?

If something breaks during the lease period then it will fall under the warranty. An Oil Change at jify Lube is what $30.00. An oil change at Lexus is $45.00. You may pay a little more at the Lexus dealership, but you'll have access to a loaner car and receive much better treatment overall. Personally I'd feel a little cheap taking a new Lexus to a discount oil change shop.

I am a cheap *BLEEP* and I don't get my Lexus serviced by the dealership, but it is also 12 years old. There comes a time when the cost of dealer service on an older vehicle outweighs the value. I do alot of my own maintenance. When I don't, I take it to my mechanic that specializes in Japanese cars and I always use OEM mechanical parts when something needs replacing. It costs me less than going to the dealership, but still more than owning a Honda or Toyota - it is after all a luxury car and should be maintained as such.

That being said - if I had a post '00 model then the dealership would be the only one to touch the car. The newer cars are alot more complex in terms of electrical and mechanical systems than the older ones. Plus - it's a luxury car and you should expect to pay more for service and parts. Don't take this as a snide remark, but true advice - If you're not prepared to pay what it costs to properly own a luxury car then perhaps you should look at leasing a Camry instead.