Rx330 Defective Front Brakes

starforce

Lately while applying my brakes at higher speeds I have noticed that my stearing wheel starts to shake tremendously. So, I took it into my local Lexus dealer because I thought i need an alignment. Turns out that the brake pads had melted the rotors and this was a known defect on the RX330. They replaced my pads and rotors for free. However, to me this is a seriouis problem. My car only has 18,000 miles on it.

Lately while applying my brakes at higher speeds I have noticed that my stearing wheel starts to shake tremendously. So, I took it into my local Lexus dealer because I thought i need an alignment. Turns out that the brake pads had melted the rotors and this was a known defect on the RX330. They replaced my pads and rotors for free. However, to me this is a seriouis problem. My car only has 18,000 miles on it.

Brake rotor is a wear item, yours are "warped"

I've posted this problem in another string. However, my RX330 was doing this as well at about 20K. I finally had it checkout out at my 30K. The dealership did realize that it was warped and replaced it under warranty. I can't believe that they didn't catch this earlier.

Its an issue on the RX and the ES. The metals in the brake pad and the rotor disc aren't compatible and it causes warpage of the disc. Its not defective brakes and its not unsafe, vehicles get warped brake rotors all the time its more annoying than its anything else.

They've been replaced with compatible units and you won't have the problem again.

It would probably help if the e-throttle were disabled with even light pressure on the brakes. Next time you're out cruising on the freeway watch how many cars are cruising along with the high mounted brake light on.

Why would that have anything to do with this?!

Keeping there foot on the brakes even slightly--engages the pads, so driving like that gets the brakes a tad hot running at 70+

Driving with two feet with an automatic tranny? I would like to know who does that because I want get away from him/her on the road.

• 1 month later...

My brand new RX330 developed this problem at 200 miles! The dealer originally resurfaced the rotors, but, at my insistence, replaced all 4 rotors and brake pads.

I also have a front end shimmy at high speeds, and a continuous pulling left or right, at all speeds. Wheel balancing and reallignment has not solved the problems. Other issues include a roof rack that can not be adjusted, a binding shifter, sterrable headlights that only turn left and a seatbelt installed backwards.

Could the forward weight of the vehicle make a difference too?

I noticed that Lexus designed in vents in the front wheel wells obviously for braking cooling. On braking, the FWD sure dives A LOT and seems to really struggle to stop. (Maybe I'm just so used to my 2700 lbs civic with sport suspension, sticky tires, and upgrade pads.) Anyways, I had the braking performance of this vehicle cuz I feel like it's going to do a forward somersault.