Cd Changer Questions - 96 Es300

Lately i have been having some weird problems with my 6 CD changer in the trunk. Sometimes it plays just fine then out of no where it displays ERR. Then even after i unplug the cd changer it wont work, it will just keep saying err. I hear the cd's loading but it wont play them. It works but on and off. I also used a CD lens cleaner which helped for a week then the same problem started again. As of now im looking for another CD changer. If someone can help me with this current cd changer i would greatly appreciate it. Also just wanted to know if a 12 CD changer from a 1994 GS300 would fit? It has the same plugs but would the head unit recognize the 12 CD's? Thanks.

Lately i have been having some weird problems with my 6 CD changer in the trunk. Sometimes it plays just fine then out of no where it displays ERR. Then even after i unplug the cd changer it wont work, it will just keep saying err. I hear the cd's loading but it wont play them. It works but on and off. I also used a CD lens cleaner which helped for a week then the same problem started again. As of now im looking for another CD changer. If someone can help me with this current cd changer i would greatly appreciate it. Also just wanted to know if a 12 CD changer from a 1994 GS300 would fit? It has the same plugs but would the head unit recognize the 12 CD's? Thanks.

What seems to be happening is the tracking is out of alignment that is what is throwing the ERR code. The changer probably needs to be refurbished. No, The 12 disc from the GS will not work with your current system.

Thanks alot now i know i need a new one, one question what could have been the cause of this? what generally makes the alignment get thrown off? Just want to know to be pre cautious next time. Also now i know the GS cd changer wont work so im assuming that a SC300 12 dsk changer wont also right? Someone told me the SC changer would work. just wondering. Thanks!

Thanks alot now i know i need a new one, one question what could have been the cause of this? what generally makes the alignment get thrown off? Just want to know to be pre cautious next time. Also now i know the GS cd changer wont work so im assuming that a SC300 12 dsk changer wont also right? Someone told me the SC changer would work. just wondering. Thanks!

The 12 disc changers are made by fujitsu and the 6 disc is made by pioneer . When the 12 disc changers break I throw them in the garbage and replace them with a pioneer 6 disc, They are built much better.