Women Drivers !

Jun 15th my wife was driving home and crossed a set of tracks at 40 MPH (the speed limit) and BOOM the side wall of the front passenger tire blew out. The asphalt had settled between the tracks and left 4-5 inches of exposed steel band that holds the concrete in place.:chairshot: Thus denting the rim and causing a blow out. :censored: Here is pictures of the damage. post-11139-1124333859_thumb.jpg post-11139-1124336549_thumb.jpg post-11139-1124336432_thumb.jpg post-11139-1124334775_thumb.jpg

The damage $625 for the rim and $320 for the tire, plus shipping for the rim from JAPAN. Get this, 3 weeks if they have it in stock or 3 months if they have to make it. What a hassle.

Since then I have had the snow wheels/tires on (ugly stock ones). Two months later after filing a claim with BNSF (Burlington Northern Santa Fe) I got a check for $1000. I got enough to purchase a new rim and tire, plus have enough left over to take the little lady out to dinner, at McDonalds ha ha ha.:cheers: