Optima Battery

Who knows what the best Optima battery is for a 2000 GS300. I checked on Optima's web site and they state this:

autoBattery.gif

Please enter the following information about your car,

and find which OPTIMA is right for you.

There are no matches for this vehicle.

LEXUS

GS300

2004-1998 L6 3.0L :chairshot:

Who has a Optima battery in their GS300? Does it matter what size it is or do I just get a matching one in size.

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

I just read TurboGS300 post

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...16344&hl=optima

Red covered 800R? Reversed post?

You can do the 800U if your cables are long enough. The 800r is a few dollars more for the reversed terminals. The 800R is the correct one though. You might need the optional spacer (to make it taller) as well so don't forget that.

Turbo will the battery tie down cables fit over the optima battery or is that what the spacer is for?  Where would you recommend purchasing one from?

Exactly! I'm pretty sure you need the spacer. Here's where I got mine from, you might have to call and add the spacer in, free shipping ($5 ups fuel surcharge)

800R

Called Interstate Battery today cost on a new Red Cover Optima 800R, $107 and it is delivered to my store door.

Then your battery in the bay will look like this. There is some contraversy on these batteries but it is the best battery I have owned so far. ;)

post-1634-1124386383_thumb.jpg

Called Interstate Battery today cost on a new Red Cover Optima 800R, $107 and it is delivered to my store door.

Then your battery in the bay will look like this. There is some contraversy on these batteries but it is the best battery I have owned so far. ;)

dcfish, is you gs turbo? I am planning on putting the twin turbos off of my cousins 95 supra and putting them of my 00 gs300.

dcfish, is you gs turbo? I am planning on putting the twin turbos off of my cousins 95 supra and putting them of my 00 gs300.

No, Custom intake is all. B) Straight 3in. polished in place of the stock intake resinator.