Need Help Dog Bone

PES300

My dog bone 's rubber bushing is damaged badly will this explains the vibration at the stops when tranny is in drive.

Is there a rubber insert that I can use , instead of replacing the whole dog bone

Will the damaged dogbone at 180,000 KM reasonable or it also relates to engine mount damage.

There should be some poly urethane bushings that I can adapt? is there any?

Also, re my last post I used some sea foam to identify my exhaust leak and I have pin pointed the leak at the middle of the longer flex pipe. But the condition of my pipe other than the leaking area looks solid . Is there a way to patch the flex pipe ( I quess only a small crack) because when I accelerate at higher speed slowly there is no annoying noise. It is also pretty quiet at idle.

Thanks for any help

By the way if I buty the aftermarket Y pipe can I still use the oem heat shield?

...  the condition of my pipe other than the leaking area looks solid . Is there a way to patch the flex pipe ( I quess only a small crack) because when I accelerate at higher speed slowly there is no annoying noise. It is also pretty quiet at idle.

Thanks for any help

By the way if I  buty the aftermarket Y pipe can I still use the oem heat shield?

I have been this route with a '92 and my '93 ES300. Don't know what yr yours is, but...

2 different muffler shops told me they would repair the broken flex joint for me if I asked them to - but with no warranty at all. Once I leave the shop, good-bye! Both places said they had done this repair on Camrys before - same basic part - with nothing but grief. Customers always came back because the repair didn't last.

I just replaced the whole pipe both times.

Sorry for the bad news!

OEM heat shield should fit on aftermarket pipe. It will take some fiddling - fabricating mounts, welding, etc. But shouldn't be too difficult.

tck...

...  the condition of my pipe other than the leaking area looks solid . Is there a way to patch the flex pipe ( I quess only a small crack) because when I accelerate at higher speed slowly there is no annoying noise. It is also pretty quiet at idle.

Thanks for any help

By the way if I  buty the aftermarket Y pipe can I still use the oem heat shield?

I have been this route with a '92 and my '93 ES300. Don't know what yr yours is, but...

2 different muffler shops told me they would repair the broken flex joint for me if I asked them to - but with no warranty at all. Once I leave the shop, good-bye! Both places said they had done this repair on Camrys before - same basic part - with nothing but grief. Customers always came back because the repair didn't last.

I just replaced the whole pipe both times.

Sorry for the bad news!

OEM heat shield should fit on aftermarket pipe. It will take some fiddling - fabricating mounts, welding, etc. But shouldn't be too difficult.

tck...

Is it worn like this? see pix. I put a new one on. You can get a aftermarket piece on ebay for $20.00 ;)

post-1634-1124340269_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1124340286_thumb.jpg