Driver Door Lock

ravenmaster

post-19992-1124234988_thumb.jpgHey wasup everyone yeah i got 99 rx300 pretty good got some miles but its been good to me , My Driver door lock suddenly stop function i ahev to open my car manually with the key altho the other locks work perfect its just that the driver ones refuses. can anyone help me out how to remove the panel safely n maybe tell me what the problem is thnxx

rave

post-19992-1124234988_thumb.jpgHey wasup everyone yeah i got 99 rx300 pretty good got some miles but its been good to me , My Driver door lock suddenly stop function i ahev to open my car manually with the key altho the other locks work perfect its just that the driver ones refuses. can anyone help me out how to remove the panel safely n maybe tell me what the problem is thnxx

rave

You have a bad motor (solenoid) for the drivers door, Cost is about $280 for the part but includes all new linkage and solenoid. The door is pretty much the same as on all cars except for the wood power button panel which has to be lifted very carefully to access one screw, Masking tape around the vinyl edges would be good protection and the use of a very small screw driver ( flat blade) to lift the panel, a very nerve racking job. I was worried about breaking the wood facia or ripping the vinyl around the wood. start at the top (front of the vehicle and pry carefully. The rest of the fasteners are popped with phillips heads screws and a putty knife to lift the push fasteners. If you have never done this go to a body shop and ask for tips or maybe the Lexus dealership if you have a good relationship. good luck

rave

You have a bad motor (solenoid) for the drivers door, Cost is about $280 for the part but includes all new linkage and solenoid. The door is pretty much the same as on all cars except for the wood power button panel which has to be lifted very carefully to access one screw, Masking tape around the vinyl edges would be good protection and the use of a very small screw driver ( flat blade) to lift the panel, a very nerve racking job. I was worried about breaking the wood facia or ripping the vinyl around the wood. start at the top (front of the vehicle and pry carefully. The rest of the fasteners are popped with phillips heads screws and a putty knife to lift the push fasteners. If you have never done this go to a body shop and ask for tips or maybe the Lexus dealership if you have a good relationship. good luck

the panel by the way has those little plastic clips that grab outward under the vinyl edges. Pry very carefully and be patient.

I have a 99 RX as well and my passenger front just went. I posted here last month or so and got suggestions but ended up taking it to the Lexus dealer after I read my after-market warranty actually covered power dook lock actuators. Lexus wanted to charge $340 for the part and $85 for labor but the warranty company said the part is $260 and would cover $45 of labor. Fortunately the dealer adjusted the charges and I was left with paying only my $100 deductible plus tax.

Good luck.