Broken Window Replacement

flash213

My car was broken into yesterday. They broke the front passenger window. I just called the dealership they want $690 for the glass and labor. I cant believe this is the cost to replace the glass. What will I lose out on by not using oem glass? I have to draw a line in the sand at some point because $700 is just crazy for replacement.

That sucks man :censored: Sorry to hear that happened. World is full of checks n' balances...aka....good guys and bad guys. But don't sweat it, karma is a som'b*tch and levels the playing field. He'll get his in due time. Anywho, it looks like you need to figure out if you've got the green tint or the grey tint. From the online guys, it looks like green "right side" msrp is $406 with discount at $325. The grey "right side" is $483 msrp with discount at $386. I think the big question is the tint color you've got. And I have no idea how to figure that out.

I agree with nc211, you must be careful with the tint. Any reputable glass house should be able to take care of you.

If you hold a piece of white paper and look at it through another window, you will see the tint.

Your insurance agent may not be allowed to reccomend a particular shop, but might give you a list of 'first response' dealers that are on their OK list.

As for the cost, my state requires a ZERO deductable for glass breakage. This means no cost to you.

I am certain of this for windshield in SC, but would have to ask about side glass in WA. Again, call your agent.