Track

there's autox this sunday at nassau colliseum in long island near my house. its $30 to enter and my friend is pushing me to enter my es even though im very, very reluctant to do so. my car rolls like a boat so id have to come slow on turns. my friend has a 240sx 5spd fastback which seems more at place in a track, not an ES300...

yes i dont think a es is for the track unless you spent some serious cash to make it fast.like a supercharger or something.i wanted to put a supercharger on mine but now that i own my preciuos gs400 i think i rather spend the money on that because its much much faster.

to me, power comes second to handling. i wasnt impressed by how the mustangs performed in a previous autox ive witnessed, those things are just too heavy! the stock e46 bmws were impressive in the corners but still exhibited a little bit of body roll. there were some m3s at hand but their owners didnt really do their cars justice <_< the stars of the show were definitely the wrx, evo, and rx7. those things were busting out low 50sec lap times. i think there are some track-worthy es's out there, more specifically those that are 1st gen with the 5spd and stiffer, aftermarket suspension. not all cars that enter auto x have 200+ hp and manual gearboxes. i saw a stock 95 corolla auto do a 60 sec lap time. imo, it makes sense to enter any car in autox, it provides a forum where u can drive all out and keep the wrecklessness out of public streets. B)