What Is A Bank 2 Sensor?

halikias

i have a 2000 rx300 with 76,500 miles. the engine light came on with code p1150. independent lexus repair shop replaced this bank 2 sensor. i know it is an air fuel ratio sensor, but how is it different from the bank 1 sensor? the part was $287 and labor was $133 (1.5 hours). i feel sick......

thanks, tunedrx300. that clarifies things. unfortunately, i didn't do enough research beforehand and i paid $455 for this (and this is Texas, not California!!) i'm still sick......

on the bright side, i'm prepared when the next sensor dies.

bank1 is the rearward bank, bank2 is front most.

Toyota/Lexus part# 89467-48011 for both according to one member of this forum.  You can verify it with Lexus parts.  I would buy the part and use an open wrench to install myself.

I just had an "expert" tell me that I replaced the wrong 2 O2 sensors.

I replaced both 89467-48011, one just behind the radiator and one behind the firewall. Are there any more than that in the front??? I know there is one behind the cat--and that one is a diff part altogether.

This issue is that I replaced both and the check engine light came back on and codes are P1133 and P1153...same 2 sensors. So taking it to the shop now as I have replaced both sensors 2 x and the MAF all with OEM parts and still have same error codes.

Any help is appreciated.