Battry Dead.

Hi,

Today I have very intresting expierince with my Car LS400 98,

I tried to run the car , but I face very strange things.

1. the display showing " Check VSC " with red light.

2. Tick Tick Tick Tick sound comming from the engine.

3. the CD player plays the CD without sound.

4. Car race (commpression) needel reached to 4 (1000round/min) .

all that and the engine didn't start.

I thought that the total of the car ended :D

and after more checking , I found that the Battry was very low , I recharged from my friend car.

Your comments guys about LS400 , is that normal , or it's just happen to me ? :)

well you may have a problem with the vsc , so that is not normal

the tick noise should be the valves and lifters needing adjustment

4. Car race (commpression) needel reached to 4 (1000round/min)

and this i have no idea what you mean

please elaborate

if your battery is dead then have it replaced but it may be a problem with the alternator not charging it properly or the terminals on the battery

I refilled the terminals on the battery , and it is working now ok.

the VSC warrning, is gone, when I recharged the battry , and restart the car , it was gone.

well , about the commpression , I mean in the display you have two things there , 1. the speed and 2. commpression of the engine

the commpression of the engine was running crazy even the engine was not started .

well , about the commpression , I mean in the display you have two things there , 1. the speed and 2. commpression of the engine

the commpression of the engine was running crazy even the engine was not started .

I think you mean the Tachometer. This measures the RPM’s (Rounds Per Minute) of the engine.

I've replaced my battery twice since I bought it (about 3 years ago). I found that the replacement battery that the local car shop sold me was underpowered (it only lasted about 1 year), even though it shows as the replacement. It was about 3/4 the size of the original Lexus battery. I replaced it with the largest one I could find that would fit with the highest cold cranking amps and everything is good again.

I was told that these cars are hard on batteries because of all the systems that run in the background while the car is off. I guess they were right.

usually it is the alternaotr not giving it enough juice all the time especially at idle

so over time the battery is not kept at optimum voltage causing failures

i went through 4 batteries

and now have zero problems now that i replace the bat with a optima deep cycle and replace the terminals( just for look)

but the main change came from the wires as i upgraded the main ground and starter positive wire now the car starts way faster and i have more power in the engine and stereo as well

sorry i also forgot to mention the wires were slightly corroded and brittle

yes i upgraded all the wires leaving to 4 gauge and used gold terminals on the ends

and new battery post connections

i basically used a friends audio shop supplies

if you look in the es 300 gallery i have pics of the engine bay in there