Wheel Grim Stuck On

I've got a 95 LS400 with the original rims "MB look a likes". In the vent holes there is this black, rough, grime that's bonded itself to the wheel. Any suggestions as to how to remove it? I was thinking about taking a dremell tool with a polishing wheel to them, but don't want to mess anything up. This grime is on there too! I've been washing this car for a year and a half, I always use bleach-white with a brush to clean the tires, and that hasn't even effected this grime. I hit it with a pressure washer...no luck. 10+ years of brake dust build up. I've hit it with just about every chemical on the shelf from autozone, napa, sears, you name it. Any good tips on this?

Thanks all

:cheers:

Go and buy meguires NXt metal polish.

I just redid my 98 wheels which had been neglected for ages with acid etching on the clear coat.

After a few tries it came clean and then i hit it with my high speed to finish the process. they look almost like new .

VERY clean

Thanks SK, much appreciated! I'll pick some up this weekend and scrub away.

My wife comes home today and looks at the car and then gives me this frown and says "where the hell did you go and buy these rims from" you see i just bought a set of 20's that are in my garage as i wait for rubber.

Me feeling like being a little of an !Removed! since she would feel alittle dumb when i tell her decided to probe the wound .

"why, what is wrong with them".

Basically she wanted to know what i did with the old yellow rims ,then i told her i just cleaned them after waxing the car.

She was amazed and said i didn't need to put the other rims on,like that will happen .They look nice but not perfect.

Hahaha! You better pick your battles SK, women are sneaky! I made a smart comment to mine the other day, and now there is a stray cat in my guest bathroom, recovering from getting "fixed" that she has been feeding for the past 8 months. That thing has crapped all over the place!