who uses theres off road

• 2 months later...

I have used mine off-road, but I don't recommend it. The RX300 is a wonderful and capable vehicle. However, it just doesn't have the clearance required for serious off-roading. And the lack of 4 Low is REALLY felt! Remember: the RX300 is an AWD, not a 4X4. There's a world of difference.

I drove mine down from the top of the Inyo Mountains (Silver Canyon) to Bishop, CA last year. I didn't think it would be a problem but it was. The steepness of the decent was way beyond what the brakes and tranny could handle, so I had to stop the car at each switch-back to let the brakes and tranny cool.

I've taken my Dodge Dakota 4X4 along that same road and it was a piece of cake!

On a positive note, though, the RX300 was able to make the trip in one piece, including traversing some pretty wide creeks at the bottom of the grade. And it WAS a comfortable ride!

• 6 years later...

I do oftlenly here in canary Islands were I live. You can see some pics at my gallery, or even see my video in youtube.

I do the routes on the Islands. Last weekend I note this GPS coordenates (you can see in google earth)

N27º 53.2 W015º 38.9

The only thing that I miss is a switch to lock the central diff. If a rear wheel stays in the air, the car stops, and then you need to apply hand brake, put L and SNOW to move...

Anyway, if I see a really complicated way, I turn around. By the moment I never had problems, even in mud, grave, or stones.

I will be posting more videos and pictures in my gallery.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone thought about having the suspension upgraded? or raised? though I know or RXs are unibody, so they're prob not as strong as say a Jeep or F150 so I dont know what their abuse limit is. I had mine out on the sand at Long Beach Island in my home state NJ. It did alright as long as I kept it moving. but I stopped for a sec and then tried going and it started digging holes. Had to rock it back and forth and have someone stand on the hitch in the back. Just need some knobbier tires and it would do okay