Carchip Data Logging Obd2

chimchim

What did a google search tell you?

Not much.

I'm NOT looking for generic parameter list or the generic "it should work with all 1996 OBD2 cars and later".

I"M LOOKING FOR RX330 SPECIFIC INFO.

To spell it out:

- OBD2 only has a minimal set of parameters that must be supported and therefore not all optional parameters are necessarily included. THAT MEANS: there is a question as to WHICH PARAMETER DOES THE RX330 SUPPORT VIA THE OBD2 PORT.

- Although all 1996+ vehicles are supposed to be OBD2 compliant, there have been issues with compatibility with some vehicles which were supposed to work. THAT MEANS that THERE IS ALWAYS A POTENTIAL FOR SOME INCOMPATIBILITIES WHICH CAN ONLY BE KNOWN BY SOMEONE ACTUALLY USING THE PRODUCT ON THE SPECIFIC VEHICLE IN QUESTION.

- my third question was "do you like it?" Do I really have to spell this one out?

Let me quote the Davis Group (maker of CarChip's) website:

CarChip has been carefully designed and tested to comply with OBDII protocols J1850-41.6, J1850-10.4, ISO9141, KWP2000 (ISO14320), and CAN (ISO 11898), which are used on most cars and light trucks sold in the USA, model-year 1996 or later. However, some vehicle models are not in full compliance with these protocols. In addition, the computer control systems on a given vehicle may be malfunctioning or out of spec, as may be the sensors used by these systems.