Just Bought This 1994 Gs300!

Hey Guys!

I just picked up my 94 GS300 today! I won it on ebay for $8949! I've been looking for one in this condition and this was the best I found so I sniped it. It is was a one owner car with only 83,400 miles on it. Everything works like a champ. I think it has the Nakamichi sound system...it has the 12 disc changer and looks to have either a 8 or 10 inch sub in the rear deck...does that mean I have the Nakamichi sound system?

The leather is a little dry, but I'm going to clean it and get some conditioner on it.

The dealer I bought it from didn't have any service history so I'm not sure what, if anything has been done to the car mechanically. I'm not really that good messing with cars, but willing to learn.

I'm going to change the oil and go with Amsoil and probably pay to get new tranny fluid also. Do you guys have any advice other than that? How do I know if it needs the timing belt replaced?

Is there a place for the 1st Gen GS people to talk? I have looked at about 45 of the GS pages, but hard to scan through all that to find info on the 1st GEN. I WANT ADVICE!!

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

Welcome, you're at the right place! Looks to be in good condition and the price was nothing special. No NAK, you have the standard pioneer system. If the timing belt hasn't been replaced, it's time to do it. Plan on spending at least a grand or more for the timing belt and all the other stuff that needs to be done at the same time. You'll find everything you need to know by searching or asking if you can't find it after searching. <_<

Hey Guys!

I just picked up my 94 GS300 today! I won it on ebay for $8949! I've been looking for one in this condition and this was the best I found so I sniped it.  It is was a one owner car with only 83,400 miles on it.  Everything works like a champ.  I think it has the Nakamichi sound system...it has the 12 disc changer and looks to have either a 8 or 10 inch sub in the rear deck...does that mean I have the Nakamichi sound system? 

The leather is a little dry, but I'm going to clean it and get some conditioner on it.

The dealer I bought it from didn't have any service history so I'm not sure what, if anything has been done to the car mechanically.  I'm not really that good messing with cars, but willing to learn.

I'm going to change the oil and go with Amsoil and probably pay to get new tranny fluid also.  Do you guys have any advice other than that? How do I know if it needs the timing belt replaced?

Is there a place for the 1st Gen GS people to talk? I have looked at about 45 of the GS pages, but hard to scan through all that to find info on the 1st GEN.  I WANT ADVICE!!

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

Welcome to the forums, Nice car, Looks really clean. Enjoy for many years to come. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Turbo...where can I see pics of yours?

I have old pics in the "garage" , you'll have to search to find them. I think the price is about average for a GS3 of the caliber you bought. B) I bought mine off EBay as well, it was from texas(no rust or salt), less miles, as good condtion with all paperwork for about $1500 less. Now that was a good deal. All that really matters though, is that you're happy.

Hey Guys!

I just picked up my 94 GS300 today! I won it on ebay for $8949! I've been looking for one in this condition and this was the best I found so I sniped it.  It is was a one owner car with only 83,400 miles on it.  Everything works like a champ.  I think it has the Nakamichi sound system...it has the 12 disc changer and looks to have either a 8 or 10 inch sub in the rear deck...does that mean I have the Nakamichi sound system? 

The dealer I bought it from didn't have any service history so I'm not sure what, if anything has been done to the car mechanically.  I'm not really that good messing with cars, but willing to learn.

I'm going to change the oil and go with Amsoil and probably pay to get new tranny fluid also.  Do you guys have any advice other than that? How do I know if it needs the timing belt replaced?

Is there a place for the 1st Gen GS people to talk? I have looked at about 45 of the GS pages, but hard to scan through all that to find info on the 1st GEN.  I WANT ADVICE!!

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

Very nice looking GS jeremy! B) I love the colour combo (same as my 01 ES) :D

Wise idea to go with Amsoil.....use the ASL 5W 30, along with the Amsoil oil filters which is also the same as mine (part# SDF57). Same goes for the tranny fluid.

I agree it's wise to get the timing belt & water pumped changed as well.

I would suggest you consider putting tint on the car as it will really enhance the appearance of the car. Here is a link of a few pics of my car. Best of luck & enjoy!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=20981

:cheers:

LexusFreak,

Thanks for the welcome....yeah I really love my new car...I spend a few hours trying to read through these threads last night. I was pretty tried, but I wanted to drive it. It was about 2 am and cranked her up. Opened the moonroof and windows...it was about 75 degrees in South Florida last night. I got on A1A and rode for about 45 minutes and turned back. The ride was so smooth and the stereo that came in this thing is awesome!!

I got home about 3:30 a.m. and my wife as sleeping on the couch...I said "what are you doing out here?" She said "where were you?" I said I went for a drive...anyway..she thought that was weird!!

Good tip on the tint...I'm going to do that for sure...and I'm going to replace the antenna. In the dead quiet last night I could hear the motor trying to work so that doesn't need replaced. I think it's just the mast. After the tint and the mast I probably won't modify it for a while since I'm low on funds. The main reason I bought this ride is to show real estate in. I still have my beater 96 Altima with 167k on it. I was going to drive that until it dropped, but I have to play the part with this real estate gig.

Hey Guys....I want to go pick up some leather cleaner and conditioner...any suggestions?

Meguires is what leatherseats.com recommends and what I use. I've also heard great stuff about apple leather care products. You can buy HID's from EBay and a replacement mast as well. If you do get HID's make sure you get the real ones with a ballast. Catz and phillips make great stuff, stick with 4300k-6000k. Thanks for the feedback. B)

Post pics once you do the mod's you feel you want done jeremy as I'm sure it will look real sharp once your finished. B)

If you want to 'brace' up the handling a bit, an inexpensive mod would be a front strut tower brace. I think there are several available depending on your budget & they all pretty much perform the same way give or take.

Well I just got me a 93 GS300 has 129k on it for 5600 so I think you have done well... be sure to check all of your hoses I just replaced all of mine.... I also suggest that you go to the web address here buy a 1 day subscription and download the repair manual pdf... will save you a lot of $$$$$$$$ if you can do it yourself.... http://techinfo.lexus.com :cheers:

For the Service History you can do like I did went to see the service advisor at the local Lexus Dealership and have them pull the VIN # up and see what has been done to the car.

Hope these help you

I'm curious... If you just bought this car, why is it posted on ebay today, item number 4567577702?? I thought I recognized the pictures you posted and sure enough, they are the same ones as in the auction ad :huh: .

Russ

Just got off the phone with my dealer...he said he just picked up the same car as mine at the auction...I said "Are you going to use the same pics?" and he said yep...except for the radio and the trunk...cause mine has a different radio and I have the first aid kid in the trunk...

I won item number 4565770048 <---look it up...mine has about 10k more miles on it.

Well I just got me a 93 GS300 has 129k on it for 5600 so I think you have done well... be sure to check all of your hoses I just replaced all of mine.... I also suggest that you go to the web address here buy a 1 day subscription and download the repair manual pdf... will save you a lot of $$$$$$$$ if you can do it yourself....  http://techinfo.lexus.com    :cheers:

For the Service History you can do like I did went to see the service advisor at the local Lexus Dealership and have them pull the VIN # up and see what has been done to the car.

Hope these help you

Thanks for the great advice!!

Looks like a great car... based on watching 1st Gen. prices for a while you got a good deal. I've been looking for a '95-'97 in central Florida and keep a close watch on ebay and other sites...

Good luck with the car and keep us posted on what mods you do!

Russ

Looks like a great car... based on watching 1st Gen. prices for a while you got a good deal.  I've been looking for a '95-'97 in central Florida and keep a close watch on ebay and other sites... 

Russ

I bought my 93 off of ebay also but had to go to PA to get it, but it was one owner, and was serviced regularly by the local lexus dealer(timing belt,waterpump done at 121k)... no rust... hard to believe... keep the faith there is one for you

Looks like a great car... based on watching 1st Gen. prices for a while you got a good deal.  I've been looking for a '95-'97 in central Florida and keep a close watch on ebay and other sites... 

Russ

I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but check out item number 4567577702. This is the same guy I bought mine from last week. We just got another one at the auction (he is a dealer) and is selling it on ebay. It has only 75k on it!! You should be able to get it for the same price I paid. He has a phone number in the auction so you can call ahead of time...his name is Jorge...good guy.

• 1 month later...

Jeremy-

What other boards? Lexus-related?

Anyway, let's compare notes. email me: xrobevansx AT yahoo DOT com

Got mine with 96K (might have been 98K...can't remember) for 4 grand in basically excellent condition (with the exception of the drivers seat leather seams are split down the middle.) From my mother in law. She bought a G35 coupe.

I need to get 100K service soon and I don't think all services were done the last two scheduled services, so I have a big one coming up. (timing belt, seals, tune up, belts, filters, etc)

Fun, fun.

Good luck,

Rob